Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week on .Org (Jan 26 - Feb 1)

This week on .org…

THE THRILLING FINALE!!!
vs.png

* The Führer staggers into the thread, clutching her gut with one paw. Red leaks through her toes.

No, no, don’t be concerned; it is but a flesh wound! This month I and all the other purple perihelions have been hard-pressed in our battle with the red robot usurpers, but the conflict is finally at an end. The battle was fierce: pixels flew for a month straight!

pixel-2.jpg

Many brave souls perished, and a bunch of stupid robots were smashed. The carnage outside the fortress city-state of Resource Analysis is a sight to behold: dismembered robots and lions covering every inch of the ground, the once verdant fields befouled with gore and gears and weird little mechanical bits, the moat blackened with blood and oil.

contestend-2.jpg

Man, too bad I fried the Perihelion Death Laser, but at least I got that stupid robot! Haha! In any case, as you can see, the casualties were innumerable. Nevertheless, we’re making a stab at numbering them, and in a few days we should know once and for all who the true ruler of Resource Analysis is. (Of course, there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that it’s me, but unfortunately we’re obligated to pretend my victory isn’t foregone. I’m already planning the party, however!)

* The Führer coughs, and a bit of blood dribbles from the corner of her mouth.

Only a flesh wound, I say. Anyway, my sophisticated intelligence network has brought me a few interesting tidbits unrelated to robots, and in the spirit of this grand day of my victory, I’ve seen fit to share them with you.

• Arbiter and/or Shadow is running a mascot contest! If you have any ideas for what should represent .org, draw ‘em up and post ‘em. You have till February 28th. Hmmm, I wonder what it’ll be? I think we should make me the mascot. I’m cute and fluffy and have a nice hat.
  • Dustin has made a dungeon exploration game called The Research Dungeon, which does some neat things like record the choices you make and has a Lufia II-esque battle system. I haven’t played it myself, but it’s complete and looks promising, so give it a try!
  • Zephren has also made a game—an MMORPG, to be specific, which he scripted from scratch in PHP. Again, I haven’t played it, but give it a look, as undoubtedly he put a lot of work in!
  • Oceans Dream posted a bunch of swell pixel art, including a number of astrologically themed scenes. If you’re at all interested in pixel art, this is a must see!
  • My arch-rival, that fiendish robot The Legion, started a discussion about whether prisoners should have the right to vote. For her, at least, the question is irrelevant, because the only right she’ll have when she’s my prisoner is the right to die!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MukanshinBlack started a thread where he claims Obama uses hypnosis or something to brainwash people, idk. On a related note, did you know that the government was behind 9/11?!?!?!?
  • In a top-secret survey recently conducted of RMXP.org’s staff members, it has come to light that 80% would make out with themselves. The other 20% is, of course, lying. Also, Etheon is a faggot (or rather isn’t a faggot, but it’s not gay, it’s masturbation!!!).
  • Some football thing is going on, idk.

* The Führer coughs again, dislodging a red hunk of something.

Ooh, that one stung a little…

Ahem. In other news, congrats to Brew for his promotion to admin, and Etheon has returned as a moderator. There’s also something going on with Arbiter, and no one actually knows what it is, but I thought I’d mention it anyway!

Denizens of .org, big changes are on the horizon, both for my beloved Resource Analysis and the entire site. In just a little while, all will become clear…

* The Führer gasps sharply and falls to one knee, wincing.

Owwww, jesuschrist!!!

Ahem, where was I… This is purely hypothetical, of course, but given the wounds I sustained fighting off legions of robots, I feel obliged to mention this. If…if I don’t live to see my own victory parade…never fear, for this isn’t the end!!! I, The Führer, will always live on among you, although perhaps with a different name and face. But my goals will always be the same: the preservation and betterment of this site! Never fear, my children, for I will always be with you…

file.php

* The Führer bows her head, and the hat slips forward to cover her face. She takes one shuddering breath, then doesn’t take another.

This year, there can only be one vote…
Venetia | Perihelion '09
Less Dix More Chix
chixbig-1.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.