Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week on .ORG (December 22-28th)

I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday! Shadow decided that the last 'This Week' wasn't satisfactory; so technically this is the second edition. This is my first one so give me some slack :down: first try is always the hardest.
RPG Maker

Concept Development
I thought that this thread looked interesting. This is Redman's first game; but it looks like it has the potential to go a long way. Maybe the graphics got to me. Who knows.

RM Discussion

The November event (Walkin' In a Winter WonderMAP001) finished this week, and Wumpi ( :sad: ) posted the winners in this thread. On behalf of the .org staff I'd like to lend hearty congratulations to Reives for taking first place, BrunoTR for taking second, and Zekallinos for taking third. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Also, this thread is shaping up to be interesting, I think.

Script Analysis

Punk made a pause script that looks pretty sweet so go check that out.

Design and Development

Music Analysis

Apparently Daryus has some mad music making skillz, as this thread shows. I listened to some of it and I agree that it's some pretty cool shit and you should check it out and leave comments in that thread and stuff so yeah.

Also, Bluenoob started a really bad thread but nobody has really addressed it yet.

Literary Analysis
If you guys thought I was going to leave 'my' forum out you were goddamn wrong! This is some shameless promotion for my thread calling for people to share their favorites in various forms of literature so stop being such assholes and go post there. Now.

Game and Application Development
Ricoman apparently is working on some tilesets for theory's RPG Architect in the making. Their looking cool and theory's thread is one everyone should be following anyway because it's RPG Architect is probably going to be pretty badass (I think the release date is set in march now or something??) so yeah check it.

The Other Hand

Introductions and Farewells
Yeah bitches, we all know what happened here because it's generally the gossip of the moment but whatever.

Despain left us this week, and his goodbye thread is here. I'll let you discover all the details for yourselves, but there's some speculation over whether he's just trolling us or not, but shadow stated here that he is never letting Despain come back.
Mystery solved, the discussion on it can end now. Goodbye, Despain, and good luck resolving your personal issues.

Wumpi left us too, she was a genuinally good member of .ORG and she'll be surely and sorely be missed among a lot of the members here.
Good luck Wumpi!

Computer Hardware and Technical Support

Xaixis asks another question about macs in this thread and shockingly, shadow responded a few posts down thus making this news worthy!!!

In regards to the original This Week..

No, teloch is not actually leaving.

Another vanilla 'this week' ... :3

well i get it next week, so wait until then~

Oh, and by the way, this is something I wanted to mention, so far as the forum layout goes:
Expect very large changes in Resource Analysis, Resource Requests, and Script Requests next week.
We are also in the process of hiring new people so please stop sending me PM's about how there aren't mods for certain sections!
No you can't apply, we come to you, stop asking please I love you thanks ;~;

Mirku

Sponsor

This seems a quiet eventful week in an uneventful way.
Will u do something special for next week Ven, like a new year thing?
Never mind it's best if I wait and see.
:shades: 

Mirku":moukkzyb said:
Oh, you'll see. It's going to be nice.

gratheo":2fijbo27 said:
Mirku":2fijbo27 said:
Oh, you'll see. It's going to be nice.
*quivers*

So are you guys going to change the colour scheme of this place?

Dadevster":1z0fwx53 said:
*quivers*

So are you guys going to change the colour scheme of this place?

Venetia":1z0fwx53 said:
Oh, and by the way, this is something I wanted to mention, so far as the forum layout goes:
Expect very large changes in Resource Analysis, Resource Requests, and Script Requests next week.

Twirly

Sponsor

Venetia":frzryt1f said:

I can't wait to try out some spriting :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.