Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week on Org (22 feb - 1 march)

Hello, everyone, and welcome to This Week on Org, with your host, Jean-Claude Phillipe!
chefman.jpg

A special warm welcome to the show to Pingu Ka. Sadly, many regular guests (syphonmax and nachos) haven't shown. Too bad, I guess, non?

Now, as I am sure you know, a good meal conseests of many differing ingredients, hein?
This is so with our recipe today. I will be teaching you to make the... how you say? successful webforum? Yes, this is it.

Jean-Claude's famous successful webforum
First, we shall begin with a few courses, non? I have, in this case, chosen to begin with three. The new to this show Pixel Art Analysis, Frankenstein's Lab, and Visual Art Analysis. I will be preparing all three slightly differently, as they require different elements to work properly.

For the appetizer, a light potato gratin, I will begin with a douce sprinkling of Righteous brand 'DEMO' flavor enhancer (very highly recommended), which should be available in most good markets.
potato-gratin-ck-521593-l.jpg

Mix together one ounce tileset and 2 ounces RM Discussion. To complete, garnish with 1 returning mod (Regi(tm) brand works best).

For the second piece of our meal, we will present glazed vegetables.
5030_MEDIUM.jpg

For the glaze, this time around we shall process our ingredients in the new Algxel mechanical spice mill and calculator with a pinch of noise to bring out the sweetness.

And finally, for our pièce de resistance - A rare roasted steak, with AGM Demo(tm) dry rub, and a side of handy scripter tool.
Grilled_Steak.jpg

Aditionally, if possible, some #rmxp brand debate (note: as this ingredient is rather rare, it is unlikely that many of you will be able to obtain it) to garnish.

Thank you - this has been This Week on Org with Jean-Claude Phillipe.
Now, if you will excuse me, I have a mascot contest to judge.

I would have been happy with macaroni and a beer. lol

Might I add, the scripting contest is being extended 2 weeks to help some people get their submissions in. That is all.

SephirothSpawn":23mzekyf said:
I would have been happy with macaroni and a beer. lol

Might I add, the scripting contest is being extended 2 weeks to help some people get their submissions in. That is all.

Bah, a chef's work is either perfection or not, the addition of a mere condiment implies imperfection! Grathea's not gonna get that Michellin star like this! (Although RMXP.org does have four michellin tyres)

why the gimmicks? this is getting in the way of what you're trying to say—the images are majorly distracting and this is going to only steer away new members. what's the purpose of the "this week" topics? they exist to help new members get to know the community and quickly see what topics are good. you're alienating them with these over-thetop gimmicks.

what is wrong with making a thread friendly and fun over "this is what happened this last week".

the former is interesting and entertaining, the latter is boring.

It's to put a spotlight on topics we thought were very good, and members should see. It's not really oriented for any specific audience of members, and to add spice to the topic - yes, there is usually a fun/funny gimmick. It's really not that distracting, and if you can't look past a few images to read text, well then I guess the overall display of most web pages is too 'distracting' for you? Really, it's not that big of a deal.

gunkshot":150rujel said:
why the gimmicks? this is getting in the way of what you're trying to say—the images are majorly distracting and this is going to only steer away new members. what's the purpose of the "this week" topics? they exist to help new members get to know the community and quickly see what topics are good. you're alienating them with these over-thetop gimmicks.

Hello, I must say you are absolutely right. This is a casual Internet forum and therefore no place for humour and gimmicks.

From now on rest assured anything fun will be removed from the site straight away to avoid this conflict of interest.

Thank you,
RMXP.org Staff.

gunkshot":slbqplha said:
I think gimmicks can be cute as long as they don't get in the way of conveying the information. Imo this one in particular could use more description of the featured threads, but in general the gimmicks prevent each week from being identical and getting boring, and it's more fun to read and write this way, so why not? There's using a gimmick to make it more interesting and there's going overboard, though.

Hahaha, distracting indeed! Immediately after viewing the news topic, I had to make a mad dash to my local steakhouse. So, in other words, this topic cost me money and filled my tummy, thanks RMXP.org! :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.