Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week at .Org (May 18th - 24th)

THIS WEEK AT .ORG
International no-gimmicky-theme week (May 18th-24th)

notheme.png

Zeriab is back!

Zeriab has returned to the forums after a brief haitus! He's a pretty active moderator, so everyone welcome him back and accept his hugs <3
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64258

Kingdom Hearts

Maaddogg has made some Kingdom Hearts tiles. They're looking pretty cool so far, different to anything else out there anyway. Definately good for anyone looking to make a Kingdom Hearts fangame.
viewtopic.php?f=159&t=64653&start=0

Modern pixel art

MagnusVale has posted a workshop with some neat pixel art of "modern things" - refridgerators, ovens, TV's, that sort of thing. More unique stuff, anyway. Pretty well sprited too.
viewtopic.php?f=159&t=64723&start=0

Pause script

Zeriab is straight in with a new script, a pause script which shows an image.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64701&start=0

Isometric mapping

Gubid's isometric map script renders isometric maps rather well, allowing mapping much more easier in RMXP considering the maker isn't by default meant for isos!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64600&start=0

Mapping contest!

Becoolioman has started a mapping contest that you should all check out. Lots of people are entering so far!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64725&start=0

Pilla Prison, a game by

Pilla Prison is an example of a good Concept Development thread. Check it out and maybe you could learn from it's example.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64661

Moving events

Near has created a quick script to take events from one map to another. It's been done before, but now see another scripter's take on it.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64663&start=0

Fascism!

Commodore Whynot asks whether people should be given the right to vote away their democracy.
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=639675#p639675

Videos for game making?

Quantummindgames has posted some interesting videos to aid with game creation. You can find them in the Game Making Discussion board, which has seen a recent spurt in activity now that it is not just RM-oriented.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64756

Mapping Improvement

Don't forget, you can post maps for improvement in the Mapping Improvement thread, the third version of which is about to hit 50 pages!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46017

Music!

Cruelty has posted some more cool tracks in the music forums, which are increasing in activity at the moment. Budding musicians, check out this forum and post your works for critique and comments!
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=64743

The Floor is Lava ogod ogod

Twirly has posted a good example of a Rec Room thread, in the Rec Room (funnily enough). This is the sort of thing we want to see (much better than a forum game I think you'll agree)!
viewtopic.php?f=175&t=64719

I lied about no gimmicks, here's a picture of a volcano. Have fun.

Rinjani_1994.jpg

Zeriab

Sponsor

This theme fits you so well Wyatt. It's kinda cute :3
I like that you are giving a short explanation of the various parts.

*hugs*

Well I was originally doing a fresh-prince-of-bell-air rap thing but that was shit

And also every other mod except for me you and dev are out

I mean this was supposed to be done two days ago by someone else

;-;

*hugs*

Heh, so you're saying you'd like a big lollipop? I can do that. And maybe I could have a custom banner? Kidding. I try to keep myself from bribing people with candy^^

I'll also be quiet now.

3 out of 4 This Week mentions since I joined... Really?

Now I'm a calligraphy-writing zombie that posts game making videos in a garden after arriving via an NPC Generator...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.