Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

there's a new sheriff in town II

shadow

Sponsor

Just as we're facing a presidential election tomorrow, this website is also going to see a change in management. This will be the third major change of management for this community.

I am going to be taking the position as leader of the forum, a position which despain no longer holds. This website needs a leader, and I am prepared to take on that role. A lot of people are frustrated with the way things are run right now, and I understand that. The forum needs direction, and I'm prepared to give it. I really thing this website (and it will be a website one day, trust me) can be a great place to be. The attitude and tone of this place is going to change. Unprofessionalism from the staff will be a thing of the past. Forum matters deserve to be treated seriously. I want everybody to be treated fairly.

Some of you think I'm too much of a softie to run a community this size. I don't plan on unbanning everyone and getting rid of all the rules. I'm not afraid of stepping on a few toes to make this community great. There will be also far less politics here.

I want you all to love this site, and I want to hear all of your ideas.

As great a guy as Des is, he doesn't seem to care about the site enough to be a good leader. (Yes, he does an alright job, but the amount of times he's expressed how much he hates the site and the people here...) It'd be interesting to see how the site works under a new leadership, and if you think you can do it then :thumb:

but hey the average citizen needs someone to hate...

i'll be there to take that burden...

*swoops off into the night of Gotham City*

shadow

Sponsor

I don't hate you despain. I'm not asking anybody to hate you. You're not the cause of the site's problems, we all are. I want to fix those problems.

Yeah, despain has done a decent job, but I suppose we need someone who isn't made of barbed wire running the site. I think were all glad to have you :D

Woo! Shadow's taking over ^_^
Can't wait to see how this turns out, I'm sure you'll do a great job! :thumb:
Sure Des was good at running the site but I think it'll be better to have someone who actually likes the place running it :)
Just one question.
Unprofessionalism from the staff will be a thing of the past.
How much more professional are the mods going to be? To be honest one of the things I love most about this site is how the Mods are so free and say whatever they like rather than acting like robots all the time like other forums' mods..

shadow

Sponsor

Yea there can be a good balance between professionalism and fun. What I meant was we're going to try not to piss anybody off.

Cool! I actually think this is a great idea. The whole atmosphere of this website turned off A LOT of people. Also I've been losing interest in this place steadily for a while and I think it will be interesting to see some of the changes that occur.

This'll be great :D Sometimes you just need to turn over a new leaf and make things fresh again. I can't wait to see how it'll change. (maybe the different atmosphere will even encourage more new members and people to make more quality posts)

Wait, I thought TREG ran the site?

Where the hell have I been?

Anyway, congratulations shadow(I guess).  I' can't wait to see if this community changes, even though I like it the way it is now.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.