Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The last film you saw

Jason

Awesome Bro

Such a good fucking film, saw it two days after it came out in IMAX 3D, by far the best 3D effects I've ever seen in a film, and you're right, Benedict Cumberbatch really was perfect, so glad they were patient with him (They had to fit the film around his schedule because they wanted him so bad and he's a very busy man)

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I just saw Lights out via '123movies.to'. (you can watch anything for free on that site, but it's plagued with constant pop ups. I recommend ad blocker. Thank me later.)

Lights out is a somewhat scary movie. If you need another reason to be afraid of the dark, this is movie perfect.

I saw Fantastical Beasts and where to find them today. It was good, but I think it was missing something. No British accents for one, except for Scamander. There weren't any old characters either. Like, everyone is in their prime.
Obviously all the characters were adults and fully trained wizards. That kinda messed with my idea of magical power levels.
I guess when the HP books made out a form of magic to be advanced, I took it to mean for everyone, but maybe it was just advanced to students.

Oh and I just saw the trailer for the Power Rangers movie for the first time. I'd heard about it, but I've seen nothing.
So it starts off looking like a High School drama/motivational movie about misfits. Then they're in a Rock quarry or something at night. For a second I thought it might be a Locke & Key movie but I quickly dismissed the idea with the flashcard said something like "a world phenomenon"
They suddenly have super strength and can jump really far. They all have the same power? That's kinda lame.
Spooky woman floating over a bed. I have no idea what this is. Probably some YA book series I've never heard of.

Then the logo appears. I don't usually talk in movie theaters but I "Whhaaaat?" and my friend giggled "You didn't know about this?"
and I said "I didn't know it would look like that! What was that?"

Jason

Awesome Bro

coyotecraft":1t1dpcwb said:
But it kinda is.

But it's not really Harry Potter since this film takes place before his parents are even born, let alone him! Sure they're in the same universe, but it's not a Harry Potter film... that'd be like complaining that the Daredevil Netflix series doesn't feel like an Iron Man film... the reason being because it's not an Iron Man film, it's in the same universe, but doesn't mean it has to have the same tone and everything, in the case of Fantastic Beasts, knowing that it was going to be set in New York from the start I was hoping for a new take on the wizarding world, and they did just that.

You'll be happy to know that the sequel is set to take place both in England and France (More specifically; Paris, according to wiki), and that Dumbledore will be appearing, so it should start to feel more familiar to the Harry Potter films, and hopefully we won't have to hear any more of the word "No-maj" lol... I wonder if French people have their own word for muggles? o.O

Jason

Awesome Bro

As for the Power Rangers film... dear god what are they thinking? I could go on a HUGE rant about how ridiculous it seems, but thankfully I can shorten it down to just three words;

I don't even.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I just saw Zootopia.

Great Disney movie. Starts off friendly and nice, then it gets very dark and interesting. Kids won't notice the real message in the movie, but I noticed everything. It covered a lot of real life controversial situations.

I would like a part 2. Just not as dark.

( I like how every female pig was attractive, I like pigs ).

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hybrida":3w11odz6 said:
I just saw Zootopia.

Great Disney movie. Starts off friendly and nice, then it gets very dark and interesting. Kids won't notice the real message in the movie, but I noticed everything. It covered a lot of real life controversial situations.

I would like a part 2. Just not as dark.

( I like how every female pig was attractive, I like pigs ).

Saw it with my girlfriend the week it came out, and honestly it was SO FUCKING GOOD! I was actually surprised with just how much I liked it, and would love a sequel to be made!

Heretic86":3w11odz6 said:
Doctor Strange!

Pure awesomeness! Its like an acid trip for a person that has never dropped acid! And a good movie to boot!

Saw this two days after release, did you see it in IMAX 3D? If not you really need to go watch it again for the full trip, holy shit the effects are the best I've ever seen, and the film itself is amazing too! Sure it follows the same Marvel formula, but it's such a good film, can't wait to pick it up on bluray next year!

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I finally watched Batman vs Superman last night. That movie wasn't that bad. It was just too long and the real action was at the end.

Wonder woman was amazing in the movie, and Lex was seemingly retarded or something.
Batman put up a good fight, but was rendered almost worthless in the final battle.

7/10 would be my score.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.