Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Take advantage of our Project Wonderful ads!

First off, let me apologize for not making a "Hoy, Happy Saturday" topic for last week. I was pretty busy and never got around to it. There should still be one this weekend, so don't assume that the weekly updates are dead.

Now, I want to move on and address something pretty neat. I'm sure you've all noticed the new ads that we have here on RMXP.org. The previous Google ads and the Paypal Donation button have been moved to the bottom of the forums. The new ads at the top are Project Wonderful ads, and they're more than just advertisements. This time around, you can actively participate with them, and maybe get your own project or website (or anything really) some extra attention!

That's the cool thing about Project Wonderful, it's totally interactive and it's actually pretty fun. I've had a blast playing with ad boxes and stuff for the past week and a half, and it's exciting to check out all the bidders and stuff. It sounds like I'm going over-the-top and whoring out this thing, but I'm being serious. I like this a lot, and it's more effective and more entertaining than standard google ads (not to bash google of course, but Project Wonderful is like advertising 2.0 or something like that).

Anyway, enough of that. What is Project Wonderful?

To put it simply, PW uses a bidding system. The highest bidder gets his or her ad on RMXP.org. If you lose the bid, then you don't pay anything. If you win the bid, then you only pay enough to keep yourself in the top spot.

For example, someone bids 5 cents to show an advertisement for their game topic. If there are no other bids, then their ad shows up at the top of the forums, and it's free for them, because they have no competition. However, if someone else comes along and bids 10 cents, then they outbid the first bidder, and their ad appears at the top of the forums. Instead of paying their full 10 cents, however, they only actually pay 6 cents, because that's all that's needed to outbid the previous bidder.

It might seem a little complicated at first, but once you start doing it, you can really get the hang of things. For more information on the PW "infinite auction" process, check out the pages here or here.

See, the coolest thing about this is that it's similar to a feature that we were planning on implementing on RMXP.org anyway. It's a way to help you show off your projects as well as help the site. And with Project Wonderful handling things, it all works smoothly and efficently, and goes through a trusted website.

Check it out. It might interest you to get some cheap advertising on our own forums. At the very least, it couldn't hurt to sign up and take a look.

Visit Project Wonderful.

But wait, there's more. We're probably going to be doing our own advertising with Project Wonderful pretty soon. Spreading the word of RMXP.org to some other communities and sites that haven't heard of us or RPG Maker. If you're interested in helping out, see if you can design some good ads for us to use. The details can be found on this page.

So now we have two different Project Wonderful ads, right?  I've noticed the small one for a while, and now we have a larger one above that.  It's certainly a good idea, and it seems to suit the forum better since people will be able to advertise their games if they wish.

Guardian1239":2p3iqf8b said:
So now we have two different Project Wonderful ads, right?  I've noticed the small one for a while, and now we have a larger one above that.

Yes, the first one was our trial run for about a week and it is pretty successful, so we've added the larger one as well (start bidding on that top one quick, you might get some free advertising in before anyone else gets to it, since we only added it today).

What mine looks like. 1027x728 or something?

Edit:

HAHAHA!!

I wonder who paid 50c for this? If you clicked the ad it brought you to this
http://www.projectwonderful.com/out.php?go=11992218[/img]

Damn, dude, you must be using a SERIOUSLY SMALL resolution for it to be going out of the header like that.

Uh, no. 1024 x 768 which is like... the most usual afaik.
Anyway just for fun, I tried some other resolutions and it looked the same with all of them - so I dunno what you're on about.

Xaixis":a2ek7c00 said:
What mine looks like. 1027x728 or something?

Edit:

HAHAHA!!

I wonder who paid 50c for this? If you clicked the ad it brought you to this
http://www.projectwonderful.com/out.php?go=11992218[/img]
:O
Somehow I get the feeling this project ain't so wonderful. :p

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.