Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Sweet and Awesome

Sweet and Awesome

Sweet & Awesome

259065b6d7a55187946b0432abc369a85g.jpg

Introduction

Hello! My name is rodas and I have recently joined. I have been working on a game for a few months to get started with everything. The name is sweet & awesome. I'm sure I will get more than one person mad for the title because it's too simple, unprofessional, and too general. That is one aspect that I am aiming for. This game was started by me with the help of 6 teenager friends on our senior high school year. The game revolves around real friends [us] living in a crazy adventure that we came up with during lunch. At the time it was just a joke but I told them I could do it. The game started it's trail and I started eventing my own system. It worked great, and I decided to post it on hbgames.org . The first comment there said that the rtp didn't fit what I was aiming for. This made me take the topic out of existence and start a long chase to making the game. Now I come back to this forum with a way better system [Blizz abs] thanks to blizz and winkio, and I decided on the graphics the game will keep. The game is now made with kiledove's pokemon graphics and edits made by me. I decide pokemon style was cartoonish enough yet serious enough to give you a task and expect you to accomplish it, while trying to be funny. This game is aiming towards a funny atmosphere if it doesn't satisfy make sure to tip me and help me :haha: I wanted to make this topic because I need support that doesn't ask, "is it done yet?"

Story
The story has basically been explained in the introduction. We are six teen agers living in a world we made up while eating fries and chicken. It involves a war against zombies and pigs, all delivered in a pokemon style. You guys will find out more about it as I make it.

It was a day like any other in which Cesar sat alone in a house about to tell a story, you would wonder why a human would do such a thing but the purpose is recalled right before. Cesar, while on his travels, discovered he had a secret power. This amazing power, or so he says, will blow your mind. He tells the story while recalling it as happening a few days ago..

The story is then interrupted by the police! It seems something has happened to the people of the town that's making them act completely weird. The people are going crazy and act as if they were zombies. They go around the land destroying everything on their path. You are blamed for this because you and your friends are the only ones who have stayed normal, besides the police who arrested you. You manage to get out of there with help of goober who wasn't arrested because he was unconscious
and the police thought he was in the "zombie state."

It is your job to travel and defeat enemies to find the truth behind the "zombie state," and figure out what's happening and how to stop it... Will you find out Cesar's big secret? Will you save the world from the chaos? Why wasn't your group affected? Why are the police cops not affected?! It is time to stand up and defend the people of this world by killing them with swords, boomerangs, and guns! :haha: hahaha I actually lol'd while writing this..

Characters
8e8a6f517adef8c319c7285af37106d05g.jpg

Cesar
This is cesar. He is really hyper all the time and has a positive attitude. You will clearly tell he is
special and that he is hiding something.

2162bcfb66a12ebb2ba67720e23f587e5g.jpg

Marc
This is marc! He likes to be normal and speak his opinion about things that sometimes should remain
not mention. This things will not be in the game. He takes more a leader role and he is
happy to make his own decisions. He is also France's boyfriend.

887abc2254a20ddd47bba179d237ae275g.jpg

Frances
Frances is Marc's girl friend and she can be a bit jealous with her "man." She is fun to be around and she makes conversations out of things you would wouldn't expect to come up.

d1413f497973b6eaf1f410f8120ebca45g.jpg

Anna
Anna is very similar to Frances. That's why I saved details from Frances. They both like anime and love to read the books. They go out together and do whatever girls do. Two tipical girls with crazy attitudes in an adventure

5c57358eb0ed358fe5c4c2835d61e59c5g.jpg

Goober
Goober's the name and sex is his game. He is the perverted mind of the group. This will be lowly be touched in the game. why you ask? He likes anna, saying in the game that he is a complete pervert would probably shatter his chances. Which he doesn't have :evil: haha just kidding.

b6cfd37c9b2a9ebb8ac4189915770c8c5g.jpg

Alex
Hahahaha.. This is Alex. I was looking for a way to portray him and that's when it hit me. He is half black and white. He found it hilarious to see his character. He is a joker for the most part and he is the last piece the team needs to be complete. That's it.

Features
I guess this is where you guys can help. i have a few things in mind. such as a skit system but that is to be implemented when everything else is done.

Downloads
As you guys probably though this game was dead or just plain not interested.. I have had the time off to put whatever this is together.. If you wish to play it.. here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?dp2yd1z9u6sp4t0

So.. yeah whatever.. >.> This is probably the end of this... it takes way to much time.. I hope you guys enjoy this if you decide to play... Share your opinions on anything you wish.. Maybe I will get into it yet again on my next school break.... Also; please check out the forum :D

http://sweetandawesomegame.webs.com/

I would really rather you post your opinions there as the game needs some attention.. but that's probably asking too much.. so yeah w/e... have a good one!

Credits and what made it possible
*Blizzard- general help and Blizz abs
*Winkio- general help and Blizz abs
*Ccoa- Ccoa's ums
*Kiledove- his tiles
*juan- his script that tells you what place you are in.
*myself- for the topic
*the friends you see under "characters." Their support is awesome, but I need criticism to make it better.
EDIT- pictures aren't working....... :<_<:

yo, i'm sad to see no-one responded to this..

even though this is a joke game with a lot of inside jokes and randomness that people will probably not understand, it still seems like you've put some effort into this. I like the custom faces, even though they aren't very pretty and don't match your tileset.

I might play it if you can convince me i should.

However, you tell us you want some feeback so you can improve it, and in the next post you say you quit developing because it took too much time. Which one is it going to be?

Also, this name 'sweet and awesome' is something you can do.
I mean, it's a bit of a dangerous thing though, because i will expect the game to be sweet and awesome.
I will be disappointed if it isnt.

this game is quite enjoyable :grin:
at first i thought it would be a cheesy game(thx to the ninja close up), but it turns out to be quite well made :smile:
the close up ninja with target to his eyes....seems...a bit unnecesary...(made me think its going to be target/shooting game lol) but thats just me :tongue:
kindda stuck in (almost) beginning of game :haha: , when i jump through the fence to get a key, but dunno what the key for or where :biggrin:

i got a few question to ask....
1.you dont like the chest in original rmxp? kindda creep me out have to open a pokemon ball to get item lol
2. whats the deal with the chocolate? i have no idea what it meant :haha:

but so far (for me) still no joke/humour in the game cuz...i havent gone that far :haha: , and the flow in the game is too fast and too vague, i dunno what i am doing :tongue:

moog

Sponsor

so yeah you posted this and never came back, and we need some screen shots, so im gonna lock this and you can PM with them and I will be happy to unlock this :)

Hey sorry to go above you (and feel free to challenge me) but seeing as this is a completed game I don't think screenshots are really needed. If you could come back and edit some in it would be lovely but finished games have less requirements since the game itself is a pretty good proof of content (whereas in the project forums something is actually needed to show it's not a bunch of vaporware). Anyway feel free to challenge me or whatever but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.