Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

So, I'm remaking Final Fantasy VII...

And I really like the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories style. I decided to do the entire thing with that style in mind. You may think I'm crazy and that I'll probably quit... and you're probably right. But here's what I have. This is a quick edit of Cloud to put him back in the original FFVII outfit, though I made it blue instead of purple.

Cloud.png

Then this (which should be put in pixel art, I think, but it fits better by Cloud) is the very VERY start of a chocobo the size that it should be for someone Cloud's size or a little bigger to ride.

Chocobo.png

They are both works in progress, but I think they are moving a lot faster than I had first anticipated. Feel free to comment or, you know, whatever you want, really. You could even request a Final Fantasy character for all I care. This really is just something to pass the time, so pipe in whenever you want.

Wow cool cloud sprite! Do you make it?
And the chocobo is good
And you say I can request a FF character too?
Yeah if you don't mind and this not annoying you can you make a RedXIII or Cait Sith for me? Please.........

And I don't think you crazy, I think you are Awesome.....

@ErlanUltima It's an edit of the KH Chain of Memories sprites. Google it.

That chocobo looks good so far, though Cloud's outfit doesn't look quite right. If you're remaking FF7, I suggest you follow what Crisis Core laid down and make his outfit black like it (and all the other SOLDIER 1st Classes) was in CC. His belts need adjusting because Cloud actually only has the one large SOLDIER emblem belt. You should make his shoes brown, too, since that's the colour the were in FF7 (not too sure about Crisis Core). Just above his brown glove on his right arm you should have a little blue since Cloud seemed to have some underneath the glove.

Sorry for being picky but I had Cloud as my desktop BG for the last month :grin: . I got FF7 around the beginning of this year so I have a lot of fan girling to catch up on. :girl:

Thanks for the good advice. I looked it up. Crisis Core 1st Classes have black boots. I'll work on those and the belt and gloves.

Edit: (oh and hey starts of Cait Sith and Red XIII were made by people already. Right here. http://www.freewebs.com/scathlete91/khs ... ection.htm The link is near the bottom of this page. Most of these links have the people who made them, but Red XIII and Cait Sith don't, so I'm not sure, but I'm assuming scathlete91 made them.)

Do you know what you need to do to convince other people (and yourself) that you're going to go through with this?

Make Cait Sith.

Go on, I DARE you. :)

Like I said in the previous post, Cait Sith was in that link. But if you really can't get there, here are the pictures...

Here's the face...
barretcaitsithbg3.png

These were made by charger87 as the picture says.

Here's the sprite...
redxiicaithsith9sw.png

These have no claim to them, so I can only assume scathlete91 made them. If someone knows who made this, feel free to pipe in and let me know.

Wait, are you using isometric or non-isometric sprites in your game? Because Cloud and the chocobo are not in the same perspective, and you'd better fix that if you intend to use them together.

I'm actually making it 8-way. So both isometric and normal. I'm starting the ones I'm making from scratch in normal view, then making the isometric view. But the ones that are edits of KHCOM sprites are already in iso, so I'll make the normal view in abit. Thanks for the help, though.

Edit: So, I've decided to use the character designs and costumes from Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Here are the face designs I've come up with. I know I said I would do KHCOM styled, but it didn't fit too well.

Faces.png

ZephyrSkye":28ymmr1s said:
I'm actually making it 8-way. So both isometric and normal. I'm starting the ones I'm making from scratch in normal view, then making the isometric view. But the ones that are edits of KHCOM sprites are already in iso, so I'll make the normal view in abit. Thanks for the help, though.

Edit: So, I've decided to use the character designs and costumes from Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Here are the face designs I've come up with. I know I said I would do KHCOM styled, but it didn't fit too well.

Faces.png

I personally think those look a bit odd too. Or were those the ones you dumped?
Good luck. FF7 sucked so bad so you should try to make this better.

mawk

Sponsor

the shading style and unsaturated colour don't go well with the dark outlines. I don't imagine desaturated colour scheme would match up with your relatively colourful sprites, either. graphical consistency is the number-one thing you need to keep in mind when doing your own stuff.

I really liked those, but apparently I should try it again. I was going to change the sprites to be a little more realistic and less desaturated, but if you guys think the faces look stupid, I'll try and change a few things.

ZephyrSkye":3342q4ou said:
Like I said in the previous post, Cait Sith was in that link. But if you really can't get there, here are the pictures...

Here's the face...
barretcaitsithbg3.png

These were made by charger87 as the picture says.

Here's the sprite...
redxiicaithsith9sw.png

These have no claim to them, so I can only assume scathlete91 made them. If someone knows who made this, feel free to pipe in and let me know.

Yeah - I saw them, but surely you'll need *MORE*? I mean, you can't just use that one sprite, right? Making the full set of FFVII's stupidest and unpopular character will really nail your colours to the mast. :specs:

Wait, wait... Megamariohead, if you think FFVII sucked, then why are you trying to improve this one? The only reason I'm remakig FFVII is because it was awesome as crap.

Kay, so things are happening a lot faster than I thought they would. I don't have time to do this so I'm dropping it. I did some other stuff, but I've already wiped those out. Sorry to disappoint anybody who really weanted this to happen... Not that it seemed like anybody was really excited.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.