Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Slot machine

Not sure if this is the right section but I need help setting up a evented slot machine, I've made the images but I'm not sure how I'm going to set it up, could someone help me with a event system like atleast for the picture positioning and changing images

I'd start with a common event that displays a picture according to a value that'll be stored in a variable.

Then using a multi page event, start with a parallel process that changes the value of each variable, then calls the common event that displays corresponding picture.
Page 1 spins all 3 slots. When a button is pressed it moves to page 2 via selfswitch.
Page 2 spins just slots 2 and 3.
Page 3 spins just slot #3.
Page 4 will have all slots stopped and determine the prize.
Then either reset to page 1 or clear all the pictures.

Once you have that you can fine tune the speed that the variable changes. Or upgrade from 1 row to 3 with 9 pictures that "roll" down. Maybe even Cross bars. But I suppose it depends if you want the slots to be random # generated, or cycle through a pattern that you can stop on skill.
I think with digital slots the spin is faked, and what it stops on is more or less calculated. Like, if you have 2 SEVENs but not 3, it'll tease you by putting a SEVEN above or below the last slot to make it feel like you were close.

I'm not sure how to go about setting payouts. Depending on how many symbols you use. Like if you really want 777 jackpot to be a 1/100 deal. I'm not sure you'd want too, with an rpg maker game anyways. But you don't want people to play for hours and never get anything, so it would be good to set to their favor.

Possibly, rig the outcome to 10 combinations. 777 being 10% (only 1 combination out of 10), nothing 40% (4 combinations), 3XFruit 20%(2 combinations), Double 30%(3 combinations). With the no-win & Double combination you don't need a specific preset combination, it just needs to know that all or 1 have to be different as the slots stop so it looks random, that way people don't see the same Bell-Cherry-Bar pattern and wonder why they never see any other combinations.

1)7-7-7
2)*-*-*
3)*-*-*
4)Fruit-Fruit-Fruit
5)Same Something* - Same Something* - *
6)*-*-*
7)* - Same Something* - Same Something*
8)not fruit* - Fruit - not fruit*
9)Fruit-Fruit-Fruit
10)Same Something* - Same Something* - *

So really, you just need to roll a random number 1-10. That'll predetermin, more or less, what the slots stop on.

Edit: Actually, if you don't mind the level pull to be automatic or using limited combinations. You could just make 10 Reel spin animations that play depending on the number drawn. Skip the whole show picture process.

coyotecraft":1psl6ge0 said:
1)7-7-7
2)*-*-*
3)*-*-*
4)Fruit-Fruit-Fruit
5)Same Something* - Same Something* - *
6)*-*-*
7)* - Same Something* - Same Something*
8)not fruit* - Fruit - not fruit*
9)Fruit-Fruit-Fruit
10)Same Something* - Same Something* - *

So really, you just need to roll a random number 1-10. That'll predetermin, more or less, what the slots stop on.

Edit: Actually, if you don't mind the level pull to be automatic or using limited combinations.
You could just make 10 Reel spin animations that play depending on the number drawn. Skip the whole show picture process.
The way I was planning on doing it was you get 4 options: bet $50, bet $250, bet $500 dollars, and exit.

The pictures are number 7, a bell, bar sign, diamond, orange, cherries.

-if you bet 50

7,7,7 gives you 5,000
Bell,bell,bell gives you 2,500
Diamond,diamond,diamond gives you 1,000
Bar,bar,bar gives you 500
Orange,orange,orange gives you 250
Cherry,cherry,cherry gives you 150
Orange,orange gives you 100
Cherry, cherry gives you 50

-if you bet 250

7,7,7 gives you 25,000
Bell,bell,bell gives you 12,500
Diamond,diamond,diamond gives you 5,000
Bar,bar,bar gives you 2,500
Orange,orange,orange gives you 1250
Cherry,cherry,cherry gives you 750
Orange,orange gives you 500
Cherry, cherry gives you 250

-if you bet 500

7,7,7 gives you 75,000
Bell,bell,bell gives you 25,000
Diamond,diamond,diamond gives you 10,000
Bar,bar,bar gives you 5,000
Orange,orange,orange gives you 2,500
Cherry, cherry, cherry gives you 1,500
Orange,orange gives you 1,000
Cherry,cherry gives you 500

I'm unsure about where on the screen the coordinates would be for each picture

Well it depends on the size of the pictures themself and if you're going by their center or top-corner.
The Y for the 3 slots will be half the screen height, I imagine. The 2nd slot will be in the center (X= half the screen width) and the the 1st & 3rd slots be - or + so much from the 2nd slot X position. That'll keep everything aligned.

reels_zpsdxpipdqd.png~original

So with VXAce's screen size, I belive the middle slot X&Y coords should be this (from the square's corner).
The middle of the screen should be (272,208), it might be easier to work from the picture's center assuming the picture itself is perfectly centered.
I added +-80 to X for 1st & 3rd slots, but the spacing is really going to be up to you.
The coord in the picture are the corner points, that probably won't help you unless your slots are 50x50 squares.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.