Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simply the best part about it.

Has this topic been done before? Maybe. I couldn't find anything so if it's a duplicate... sorry.

Anyhow. We've all seen the discussions on Rpg Maker MV Vs. VX Vs. XP.

What I would like to know is this: Is there anything about RMMV that truly stands above the previous versions? Something that makes it better, even if only in that respect.

I myself like the fact that you can export to multiple platforms. But, from what I've read so far it's not as easy as they make it out to be.

But aside from that? If you had no choice, and had to buy RMMV instead of an older version, and give a reason why... what would your justification be?

Ya. Forgot about the support for touch. But that's kind of the same as multi platform support. So is the HTML 5.
Even just those things though. I'm steering towards buying a copy when my trial ends. I was bouncing from this to previous ones. The only problem is there doesn't seem to be a lot of resources. But I'm sure that will change by the time I actually get good at using it. Ha ha.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.