Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ruthi's Point - A Very Unusual Game

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Jaret

Hello people of the Earth. I am releasing a game (no kidding. Stupid, so stupid... I'm guessing they know that... Why am I talking to myself?). Anyway, the game is called Ruthi's Point. I created this for someones birthday (can you guess their name?) because I was too cheap to buy them an actual gift... Well, it turned out very strange. This game has no fighting at all. You play as Ruthi, a young girl who wakes up on her birthday (What a coincidence...) . Anyway, she finds a note from one of her friends (hmm... would that happen to be the creator of the game?). The note states that Jaret has left town to find a cure for a virus called "Arno" (cliche'). Apparently, it is bad (Stupid... Why would you write something so stupid. It's a virus, of course it's bad...). Anyway, Ruthi doesn't care about that, oh no. She's too angry that Jaret didn't get her a gift. So, after turning her brother into a tiger and witnessing her friend freeze her mother, Ruthi sets off to find Jaret and get a present. Now, if it's not apparent, this game is driven forward by a force of randomness... The game is randomness... Oh and if you can't figure out what to do, try talking to a snowman or a tree... Anyway, eventually, she discovers the "bad guy" who seems to really like x-files music... So yeah, the game is quite short so what have you got to lose, except your mind... This is one game where you won't be saving the world... Also, I am honestly sorry for the hideous title screen. Oh, the game was made in RM2K. You don't need any rtp installed to play... Okay, screen shots to show what randomness you are in for.
Birthdayleave.jpg
bor.jpg
broken.jpg
dragging.jpg
fat.jpg
kkcarly.jpg
leave.jpg
monologue.jpg
realgirl.jpg
testament.jpg

Download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H75I1QGM
I know, something things could be changed... But I have no idea how to edit the game now.. my computer crashed and these are the only files I have...

Star

Sponsor

HAHHAAHhahaahah.. I simply loved the randomness of this game. It's so sad it had to end. I think maybe I chose the wrong path? I did the tree on the left and the game ended after Caleb trapped us in slime world. Is there a way to beat this game without losing?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.