Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Rpgmaker vs Gamemaker

Can anyone tell the pros and cons of both programs?

Obviously, rpgmaker is a bit more noob friendly, but gamemaker seems easier to customize for noobs once you get the hang of it.

Does gamemaker lagg more for rpgs for example? I used to be a big fan of rpgmaker since the very first version but gamemaker seems interesting to to make rpgs with.

Any comments or views?

I want to use ruby as the scripting language, but the problem is with embedding ruby into the .Net framework. Lua and Python are already embedded for the .Net framework. Ruby is also embedded but it is not fully embedded, the one that i found is not fully functioning. If i was to embed it myself to .Net framework it will take forever because i have to learn about CLR in .Net and alot.

Kojo

I'll tell you this much: It's like apples and oranges, RMXP is great for it's genre, while Game Maker is perfect for fun Mario-esque games. Another thing is prespective, Game Maker (Top or side/isometric/3dish) has different game-play prespectives than RMXP (Sort of tilted flat). They are geared towards different types of games, and thus, cannot be fairly compared. Also, you posted this in an RMXP forum, expect a little bias towards RMXP.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.