Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP -All Four Text Lines (Patch)

Sorry, ignore me. Just had to run it as an administrator.

Theory, you are a god.

theoryxD.png

This doesn't seem to do anything for me. I've tried both patches and applied them on the RMXP application, but the text box remains the same.

:(

I applied the second patch and now I get an error when I try open Rpg maker...

Heres the error if it helps...
RPGXP.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Any Idea why this might be?
Id kinda like to be able to use Rpg maker again...

Hm. I guess I should have specified that this is for RMXP English 1.02a (Legal, not cracked.) If you're using a different version, then it could produce errors.

@Kuidon - I hope you backed up the original. I did specify this in the first post.

If you're using a different version, or getting errors... the only for me to address these would be to somehow be able to look at your original RPGXP.exe files.

You can reach me via PM or AIM (theorified) to discuss solutions. In the event that patches are made for other versions, they will be posted here. I will not make a patch for P.K. edition.

Kuidon":g645b2ek said:
Nevermind It works now.
I dont know what happened though...

Thanks for the patch, once again.
Same thing was happening to me. You probably applied both patches instead of just the later one.

Yeah I did, but that was only because I already had the first one applied when the second was released...
Lol, doesnt matter now anyway.

That's a very good point. I should mention that due to how these patches work, you should only use one or the other. There is no way (or point) in using both.

Pretty sweet lil' deal ya got there man, I always hated having to press CTRL+N and accessing the Batch Text option just for the 4th line! You think you'd be able to make a tool that'll allow stretching or resizing of the Call Script event box? I always wanted to stretch the Call Script box just like you could stretch the Show Text box in PK Edition, but I donno how to do things with the actual editor like that.

I can make the window resizable, but not the box itself.
It would be better if I just made a larger box.

I'll have it done sometime soon.

Not something I particularly find troublesome BUT something which comes up a lot in the "anti-rmxp" argument, is the 999 limit on seemingly anything. Out of curiosity, can such limits be lifted with an... "unspecific program patch"?

Amazing, brilliant. : )

Any update on the Call Script box enlargement?

@Kain Nobel: Wait, what, I never knew about that Batch Text feature. @_@ Helpful to know!

Sorry about the delays. I'm working on a funding project for Breeze, which demands a lot of my attention. I only have another week or so to go, at which point I'll be coming home and fixing up these loose ends again.

As far as lifting the 999 limits, I don't believe so. It's a hardcoded limit. I'll see what I can do though, when I get back.

Comp0

So,with a patch,you can edit the code,or what?
Depending on what you can and cannot edit, there is real potential here.

I will have to look into this more,being a programmer myself,perhaps I can try for a 4th map layer..

I was supposed to be back by now, but still suffering some echoing delays.
I can't edit code. All I can edit is the API calls to windows elements. Basically, the interface. Not hard to do if you can use Google, and read Russian (it's a russian... utility that exposes the interface.) If others want to try this, I advise you to pay attention to the security system on the file. My work does not adversely affect security in any way. Our goal is to support Enterbrain, not harm them by detracting from the security of the product.
It takes a little more homework, but it's worth the time. Good educational project, as well.

I tried increasing the box size for the 999 limits, but it's being called from hardcode. If someone can identify the compiled (machine code) language it's in (assuming some kind of ASM) with a specific model number, I can lift that limit. I took apart a Super Mario World rom awhile back, byte by byte, so I'm used to working with compiled opcodes and the like. I knew what model of ASM that was, though. This one isn't even similar, so I'm not sure where to begin.

Hey, this patch is awesome. It makes my life so much easier.

Is there a similar patch to increase the width of the Call Script window? I would love to be able to put scripts in events without having to micromanage the positions of my line breaks so much.

Jap version was so much easier, all you needed to have was Resou*ce Ha**er.
How does that code look like, that one for changing the show text box? And speaking of ASM, if you can manage to decrypt it, how bout trying to open it through IDA Pro, since it has it's own code signature recognization? :grin:

Who knows, maybe it can help. :huh:

What a useful patch! If only we could get Enterbrain to see their senses and make it an official one. From what I gather, not much changed in 1.04.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.