Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

REQUEST: Sprite Sheet Animation Edit

Sauk

Sponsor

Maker: RMXP
Type of resource requested: edited charset
Sprite template being used: custom
Describe what it is you want here: I'm just looking for someone to properly animate this one sprite sheet I've created myself so I can emulate your work as I learn better by visual examples rather than instructions. If you think of a way to improve the sprite sheet (as I'm sure you will) then I'd be glad to read and take your advice into consideration/ see the upgrade if you so choose to give an example. One of the many problems I see is in the walking up animation where the character appears to be marching instead of walking; Another problem I see is the amount of sway when he takes his strides which I don't know how to fix.

Sprite sheet (no side view yet):

Any other comments:
I am trying to make a Trailer Park Boys game just to re-introduce myself to the RM world and cannot find any other way of making distinguishing features for players to recognize asides from making heads larger to add more detail.

trailer-park-boys.jpg
YPm6UHC.png

If you can do a better job at spriting out one of the characters from the show and making them distinguishable then I'd be more than happy to scrap my sprite sheets and hire you to sprite for me in the future.

Jason

Awesome Bro

The weird thing I see here, especially on the walking down frames, is that he's looking AT the player, whereas his face should be lower to show that he's looking where he's walking, if that makes sense?

Sauk

Sponsor

I moved his head down 1 pixel, but I'm guessing that isn't enough? I'll make sure to change that.

edit: I think I know what you mean but how am I going to illustrate that with a 3 pixel horizontal eye?

conchshell":1ge78lby said:
can you post the gif of the animation? I honestly really like your style and think you should keep at it.

I unfortunately don't have photoshop to make a gif x: I can see about getting my buddy to make it for me though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.