Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

R-R-R-RESOURCES!! @_@;;;

*rubs hand together* Oh yes. Oh yes, precious resources... beautiful r-r-resources...

Must have *licks lips* resources... Must consume... beautiful sprites... must map with... *neck twitches* custom tilesets!!!  :crazy:

HTML:
<hr />

Our buddies over at Gaming World have released a Resources Site, where you can download and upload resources to be used in your games. It was made by Leafo and GZ of Gaming World, and it's lookin' pretty spiffy if you ask me!

It has a lot of game rips and relied on the patented DAPP system to rate each resource. The cool thing is its simplicity, and the way it blends so nicely with their forums.

The system is similar to the one that we will eventually have in the future, and I'm sure it will sate your primal desires for resources while work on the RMXP.org resources hoster is being worked on. Speaking of which...

http://bb.xieke.com/files/resourcespreview.gif[/img]

Just to let you know that something is in fact being worked on. It's still a long way off, so there's no estimated time of release yet. The Gaming World resources site is one that's actually up and running, however, so it's definitely worth checking out.

HTML:
<hr />

My precious... precious *smacks lips* RESOUUUUUUUURCES!!!!

I had already seen the preview page in the spoiler, and it's great to see things are being worked on.  Even greater is that our little community is sharing in the news of our friends over at GW and their advancement in their own site with this announcement.

Good to hear.

I remember the old resource system had a letter grade rating system. But nobody used except maybe the person who uploaded it in the first place. I always gave myself B's and C's but never an A cause that would make me Arrogant.

Will this new system be able to tell me how many people have downloaded my resources? That's what I liked about the old one. I could see what people used and what people didn't use.

Giving yourself ANY positive score is arrogant, by not giving a score is the only way you are being true to the system and allowing your work to speak for itself against the opinions of others :p
By uploading it alone, you are giving it enough thought to be out there.  Doing anything else muddles.

Also an odd note, supposedly we're all arrogant and against other RM & Game making sites - yet this is the 2nd or third time (if not more) that we've officially actively mentioned another site's features :p

EDIT: I hate spelling mistakes >:\

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.