Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Project Forum Rehashing

But first, allow us a moment of silence to remember our fallen heroes.

http://ca.rhinocap.net/up/u/60b17.gif[/img]

Volrath and arevulopapo have stepped down as moderators.

Volrath has been with us for a long time, rising to fame as one of the two creators of Master of the Wind, perhaps the best and most well-known RMXP game. He's been moderating in the project forums since before the administration change, and it's been great having him help us out around here.  Arevulopapo was one of the first moderators that we added and he helped us with the transition. He has been helping out in the scripting forums, and we thank him for his time too. Both of them are moving on with their lives and no longer have time for moderating the forums. In recognition for their help, they're both being made sponsors.

Good news though, SephirothSpawn has once again been reinstated as a moderator of RM General Support, RGSS/2 Support, RM Tutorials, and Submitted Scripts & Requests. Also, Gratheo is now a support member, specializing in the graphics forums.

The Project Discussion subforums are being changed.

For a while now (actually for a very long time, even before the administration switch), the project forums have been both the strong point and the weak point of this community. There are lots of great projects and lots of great members that are helping those projects get even better. But at the same time, there are lots of bad projects and lots of members ready to ignore them or insult them. Even worse, there are a lot of project creators who use this forum as a place to simply advertise their games and seemingly have no desire to really make the best games they can.

We want a community that really encourages feedback and support. To further reach for that goal, we're updating the project subforums to be more geared towards constructive criticism and feedback. The first of these changes is well under way. Take a look at the new rules in the Early Project Development subforum, here and another topic about the changes here. The changes have already begun, and a number of topics have already been posted under the new rules and benefited from the changes.

And lastly, I need to move onto a less pleasant piece of business.

Necroposting has become a real problem in our community.

Necroposting is the act of posting a contentless post in a topic that has become inactive, or, more accurately, one which has not been posted in for about 2-3 months. Unfortunately, this has gotten out of hand in this community, despite repeated notices and warnings, including flashing banners at the top of each page. Because of this, we have begun to crack down on this problem.

This is a reminder for everyone: Do not Necropost. You will be BANNED if you do so. The bans are short, a few days to a week depending on how old the topic was. But seriously, we hate to treat our community like this. We're not rule-nazis, and we don't like to play the part. And on its own, necroposting is really not a big deal. But recently -- and we don't even know why -- members have been doing it a lot. We want a nice clean forum, and this kind of crap has to stop.

You are only allowed to post in an old topic if you yourself have started it, and only if you have something meaningful to contribute or new content to add. If you see a topic which has been necroposted in, please report it. If you use the Search function to find a topic, please CHECK THE DATE of the last post made before replying to it! And if you have a question about an old, outdated script, please make a new topic in RGSS Support. Otherwise, there should be no need to bring up old business.

The necroposting thing doesn't even apply to most of you guys, so keep up the good posting and I have to say that we're glad to see a lot of the members going along smoothly with the project changes. We're really beginning to turn this place into the great community it can be. That about covers it! Thanks everyone.

Volrath and Arevulopapo, I hope that we will still see you around here even though you're no longer moderators. It doesn't matter what your position are. You are all great guys. Thank you for your help :)

Has Seph just been returned to mod status, or has he always been there just inactive? I mean, if not, good choice given his skills.

He was removed for inactivity, but yes he did receive them back... I feel like modding, I'll add that into the announcement - since we know people don't read half the posts in an announcement thread.

Wow.
Volrath and Arevu, you'll be missed as moderators. We shall hope to see your like again.
And I feel that the new rules are good.

A hearty welcome to Seph, as well.

khmp

Sponsor

Goodbye Mr. arevulopapo, and Mr. Volrath.

As for SephirothSpawn. All together now. *Blows in kazoo*

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

I have been banned for necroposting. I would like to apologize for doing so. I will now take care to look at the dates of the posts. I'm very sorry.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.