Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Peri's 3D art thread + other things

Gray

Yeah, the shoulder's too big on the father as well, now that you mention it. I didn't even notice all the size differences, just noted that the face was a little off.

Okay this is the last one of them I swear.
bb33aa5bebaf29b066c10a8143ae303c.png

I wanted to practice refining a painting more, so I painted on top of the lines this time.

Thanks! I thought so.

Okay, today the main character is actually doing things the main character does instead of inexplicably being a tentacle monster in an evening gown. This is a WIP, but I'm pretty proud of how it's coming along, so I figured I'd post it anyway. I decided to try painting without using lines at all, and I like this approach.

57f48bf6641e4f7b23761fb05d4a3664.png

The design of the monster is a little boring, but I tried a few different things and didn't like any of them. :[ Maybe I'll revisit it tomorrow.

Perihelion":2392tynf said:
Okay, at this point I have to admit I just like drawing eldritch body horror things. Maybe I should stop dicking around and actually work on things that are relevant to my project.

9d67c00fa034848db9d2d18926a16671-d86aj2w.png

Somehow this looks like WH40k fanart, like a Chaos spawn commissar or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nothing wrong with that, now I want to model a chaos spawn commissar. Commissars are easily the best part of 40k.

This project's really shaping up.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Darker backgrounds and more glow! I love the monsters, it just feels like it's hanging out, which is also cool...

I don't feel the gravitas of her summoning forth a hellspawn demon type guy, its kinda casual for me

I truly love every bit of art you're making! It's great to see a solid series of work from artists

She's not summoning it, she's mind controlling it. So the effect is less dramatic, I think. I might try messing with it more, though. Anyway, her shtick is that she's a bad fighter, but she can take control of monsters in dungeons and make them kill each other/themselves.

Also, thanks, guys! :) Oh hrm, I just noticed her knees are too low. I'll have to fix that later.

Nothing wrong with that, now I want to model a chaos spawn commissar. Commissars are easily the best part of 40k.
I think everything related to Chaos is cool, but I don't actually play WH40k. I've just read some of the lore. I like the aesthetic, even if some of it is ridiculous (but in a good way usually).

I wanna work on my monster design, so I decided to start doing some doodles every day. We'll see if it takes.

1e39babec90b780a2f2d5a450cbe5947.png

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna make a thread for this.

How do you model hair? I remember being stuck for about a week trying to get hair modelled correctly for a character (I gave up in the end).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.