Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ORGy Awards 2009: Personal Statements and Finalist List

Pluto

Judging by the lack of response not many people read the This Week on .ORG. Therefore I'm making this it's own thread.

Round II.5 - Personal Statements - 2009

A new round for this year.

People, stand at your podiums. This is a dead heat. Three finalists have been chosen from each category based on your votes.

Each finalist will get a stock description in their poll which the general populace can use too decide who to vote for. This will be a very basic, unbiased description, and we're letting Pluto knock something out so... don't hold your hopes up for something good.

Or.

If you really want to win, write in 100 words or less why you think you deserve to win your category. It will be posted with the poll. Anything over 100 words will not be used, no excuses.

Favourite board
The ORGy
And the fiveyears categories
do not qualify due to the nature of those awards.

Personal statements must be send to Pluto by WEDNESDAY, JULY 8TH or they will not be used.

I repeat, personal statements must be send to Pluto by WEDNESDAY, JULY 8TH or they will not be used.

Thank you for everyone who has participated so far!

The Finalists

Three for each except for some anomalies where there were HUGE ties for third place.

Game Developer of the Year
Dadevster
Twin Matrix
BrunoTR
Reives
Demonfire
Volrath

Completed Game
Legacy of Zalgoth
Quintessence
Whisper of a Rose

In-progress Game
Castlevania
Pass-it-on
Vengeance

Concept dev game
The Naughty Hentai Game
With Love, Cervantes
Paradigm Shift

Favourite board
Game Development Discussion
Project Discussion
The Rec Room

Favourite staff member
Arbiter
Commodore Whynot
Venetia

Favourite artist
Inquisitor
Venetia
Perihelion

Script
Full 3D in RMXP
Aleworks Input Module
A* Pathfinding

Scripter
vgvgf
zeriab
dargor
demonfire
kain nobel

Tindy
Calibre
SephirothSpawn

The ORGy
The long space between "sponsorship" and "logout"
Venetia
http://queengilda.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... rguing.jpg

IRC whore
Arbiter
Wyatt (Commodore Whynot)
Twirly

Most improved
Twirly
Becoolioman
Dadevster

Sweetheart
Arbiter's Cock
Venetia
Zeriab

Fiveyears fave staff
Venetia
Arbiter
Ccoa

Fiveyears nonstaff
Calibre
vgvgf
$t3v0

Fiveyears released game
Master of the Wind
Quintessence
Legacy of Zalgoth

Fiveyears unreleased game
Last Man's Stand
Castlevania
Sandfall

Member we most want back (fiveyears)
Wumpi
Trickster
Luminier

Letdown (fiveyears)
Aveyond
Dung Beatle's Game
The Lost Element

I already submitted mine! If you want to be cool like me, or if you're running against me, or if you want to one-up me, or if you hate me, or if you feel ambivalent toward me, or if you enjoy weed, or if you don't, or if you sometimes use the toilet, I suggest doing this >:O

Just fyi, the checklist stands as such:

[ ] completed game - need quintessence, whisper of a rose
[ ] concept dev game - need nikki and peri
[ ] developer - need volrath, twin matrix
[ ] artist - need peri and inq
[ ] script - need cowlol
[ ] scripter of the year - need zeriab, dargor

While you don't have to do a quick speech / description / statement, it does help, since it shows you actually want the award!

i dunno even know what that is ascii... So I'll use words then :( It was only background music.

ORG SUPPRESSES OUR CREATIVE MIND WITH LIMITS PEOPLE. REVOLT//

Commodore Whynot":2tqhj57w said:
[ ] member - need calibre and sephirothspawn

Haha, unlikely you'll be getting SephirothSpawn's any time soon. He's still missing.

Well done to you though Calibre.

yeah but sephspawn should get a special one from "pluto" anyway because he is a superveteran with amazing star twinkle veteran powers and all the privelages that are involved with super star twinkle veteran prowess
(read: not much)

Are they due by the end of today, or by last night? Twin Matrix is in Japan ATM, so it's difficult for him to keep up with the ORGys. I'm doing my best to keep him informed, though.

Slight change of plan:

If you can't make the deadline (which will be 00:00 here as that's when I'm off) then you can still enter your little piece by private messaging "Commodore Whynot" (Or Pluto) before the ORGy awards are over.

The next round goes live at 00:00 GMT (25 minutes from this post).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.