Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

LoZ Resources *Updated!!*

I know I haven't contributed much to this site, but I'd like to put something here that may ease at least a few headaches (very few, I'm sure). I've noticed a few people who seemed to want an RPG Maker XP version sprite of Link as a child in OoT, so I brought it upon myself to try to make their lives a little easier by creating one using an adult Link sprite I found (meaning it was not mine) as a reference. The young Link sprite may not be the "best in the world," but I tried my best.

Here it is, the main event!:
This is free for all to use, but credit would surely be appreciated if it is. I noticed that, while checking it in RPG Maker XP, some sprites on his hat look like they are moving awkwardly compared with the reference sprites, especially in the left and right movements. I apoligize, but in my defense it is supposed to be a long, floppy hat. If there is a problem other than that, some advice to improve it would be very much appreciated as well.

P.S. The real reason I made it was because I needed one myself, but it's nice to share.

The problem with the imgzoom is that you have a massive great big background colour code stuck in it. Post it like this (remove the *):

[imgzoom*]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7603/littlelink.png[/imgzoom*]

As for the actual sprite, I've seen the original around the internet before and it's quite a good edit. But you didn't really do much. I suppose it's useful for those who need it.

Windsaver's Review!

Well, I absolutely love it! It looks like an original RTP Charcter and is a outstanding compared to various other versions. The Only thing to see is the hat has a bit of dot shading on side view. Unseen to the untrained eye.
Rating: 5/5 Superb :thumb: :toot:

Holy crud, thanks! At least remember that this was using an already awesome sprite as a construction reference, but I enjoy the high rating anyway! :biggrin:

[Edit] And Armor King 108, thanks for the reminder!!

Since it's a shame to use only one image in a topic, at least to me, I'm going to post another sprite here (WIP this time) to fill some use.

This time it's supposed to be Link's little sister, Aryll, from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, but only the front view. Tell me what you think so far!!

Looks good, but..the hair...the color seems off. But then again, I'm terrible at spriting hair, so I can't really offer any advice. Something's off about the hair color, fix that, and it will be even better.

Thanks for the tips, guys. The explanation is mostly because I used the hair palette from the previous sprite in this topic (if it wasn't more obvious), but I'll definitely try changing the hair color as I finish this sprite.

(Edit): To keep from double posting again, I've decided to show my progress here. I hadn't worked on it for a little while, so I figured I might as well do something.

And I have a little example of some work on fixing the hair color. I didn't want to edit the actual character set until I was sure of what you guys meant by changing it. The edit is on the left while the original is on the right for comparison.

So, what do you guys think about it now?

regi

Sponsor

Generally, you shouldn't bump unless you have more content to show, but I'll let this slide.

I think the hair color change looks better. The patterns on the dress are a little hard to make out (and they seem to disappear on side view?), but everything else looks pretty good.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.