Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Just came back to this place

Hello!

I was remembering old places I used to visit and this is one of the only that keeps active lol. I read some posts and I don't recognize any user here and I don't think anyone will remember me as well, but I used to enjoy reading about game making and other stuff here, so I thought about reusing my old account.

I used to lurk this forum since 2005 and some others like Creation Asylum. My username used to be Slipknot and posted mostly in the RGSS support forum and also sharing some scripts.

Btw, I wanted to try a new game making engine and I just read about RPG Maker MV here, so I guess I can try it... what other engines are popular today? I know about Unity, but I think it's overkill for 2D games.

Some useless info about me: I'm a software developer from Costa Rica and I used to enjoy creating random scripts for XP.

Hopefully I will keep lurking around here more often.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I remember you, and your scripts!

Also yeah you should look into Construct 2, there's a free version available too, which still has a lot of flexibility... it's really easy to use, I'm currently making a(nother) game with it which I'm aiming to release on PC/Android/iOS at some point... shame I don't get much time to work on it though lol.

Welcome back. I'm afraid I don't know you. I'm the oddball around here who uses Unreal. At some point I might look at MV as a great way to force myself to learn Ruby.

Nathaniel3W":1ltv8hk7 said:
Welcome back. I'm afraid I don't know you. I'm the oddball around here who uses Unreal. At some point I might look at MV as a great way to force myself to learn Ruby.
MV uses JavaScript :thumb:

Construct 2 is a lovely 2D game dev program. :)
It runs on HTML5, so it has all the benefits and disadvantages that come with that.

It's a general game maker too; so if you want to make an RPG, you'd need to put in some work to create ai movement, dialogue, battle systems, etc.

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to actually read more about those, but I think I will start next week.

Btw, are they paid or have some kind of trial?

I think they both have free trials, I know rpgmaker MV has a 20 day one. Also right now, MV is 50% off on steam for the winter sale they have

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.