Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Issue 12 - April 2013

I didn't know you guys did this kind of stuff, it's an awesome surprise. Being new here, I didn't know much about the history of this place so that was interesting to read about. I also liked your suggestions for conveying darkness in horror games. I've had difficulty presenting night in sprite games.

I did have a question about completed games. Would games made as a proof of concept (say I was making my first game in html 5 or trying out a new mechanic) be considered completed games or demos? An argument can be made for either, I just didn't know the level of polish expected for finished games (polish levels were brought up in the zine).

Hmm. I think if it has a clear start and finish, and some kind of score, it will count as a complete game, but someone else will have to comment on that. I should probably remove "Fishing from Afar" as it's probably letting the side down.

Other than that I think whatever you're happy with. If you consider it finished and would be happy playing it then it probably fits in completed games.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.