Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Issue 10 - January 2010

If HBGames ever changes to GBGames, please delete my account, my posts, and add "vgvgf" as a banned word.

Nice work.

pfft yea right

now it's all about india baby :smoke:

also ;o; that i drowned but :cheers: at being able to see traps well this year! i'm always getting my foot caught in those steel teeth :V

Nobody's got full answers, but everyone who's entered has provided some amazing answers o.O I'm especially impressed by the "how many members did .net have" which someone got pretty much spot on.

mawk

Sponsor

I couldn't agree less with rey's article. it seems like he's taking personal taste and extrapolating it to be a simple necessity for every situation ever. in reality, it's only a single option out of many. appropriate in some cases, but bearing way less merit in others.

[...] save points are obsolete systems only used because it'd have been too tasking on old hardware to allow you to save whenever you wanted. Now they're kept around as a poor design decision in order to allow for even more poor design decisions, they simply have no purpose [...]
this, and many other statements, seem like nothing more than simple ass-ventriloquism. you can't forge some hard and fast rule that every game ever has to follow "or else it's bad design."

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.