Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I am not-so-begone!

That title is a literacy nightmare, but yes, basically I'll be starting studies tomorrow or the day after and of the places i frequent, this is one I don't, so it's probable I won't be around often nowadays, I know some of you don't have a high opinion of me, and to be fair I've been a cunt in my past some. If any of you do want to stalk me for some reason, I have a twitter now that I barely use, but really, adding me on skype (bizarremonkey) is your best bet.

It might seem like I'm frequent, but I'm not, I'm as fequent here as I am on rmrk, it's just you aren't dead enough to merit any response worthless, but aren't lively enough for me to be ignored.

I guess some of you envy me for becoming touted as some sort of rpg mak god though I'm not really sure where you even heard that?

I got skills yeah but i mean it's RPGmaker the only limits it has that aren't unapologetically hard-coded are ones you can do something about.

I got my name out too, I'll be honest a good part of that was luck, the other part was bragging to places that I knew would jump on the gold I had to offer.

I just love doing what I do, I put on a thinly-veiled facade to establish some sembiance of superiority but we're all nerds here. Super huge nerdsm and that's great. For the fellowship of the nerd shall cometh when the 12th Sign has faded from view.

I'm gonna reminisce a little because the RPGmaker family is so like a real one, purely divded and dysfunctilonal, but in the end, we all want to gam mak.

It's been my home away from home for over the past 7 years, when I made my scrub account on #RRR, I was a fish out of water, but I'd never be the sort to stray from a little politcal turmoil, the sort that came to turths.

Like any meaty and dysfunctional family, there was a nemesis, his name was deacon_batista, from what I've seen in recent years the lad like me has grown some, he would be my obstacle for the like, 40 days it mattered, eventually I decided to chill out with rpgmakervx.net, here I released a game that didn't go so well, how about that, we all have a pitfall game or two before we can realize our true potential, that's when Intelligence became a thing and I become.. sort of a big deal??

I dunno man, back then I didn't worry too much about publicity, I just kept game making.

Now realizing the importance of publicity, I've been able to stretch my arms far and wide, but the limits of this engine are just too lame, so I'm gonna stop using it and go learn to mak real gam at TAFE (Techological Arts and Further Education).

So that's where I'll be this next year.

Rpg maker politics was probably the funniest sort of politics I ever delved into.

But anyway, just as a comparison of 'How far we've come'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09IXrXVQIXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UxocErGsdI

Good luck at TAFE.
Not sure how it would match against going to Uni, but doing something is better than nothing after all. no sarcastic hidden message this time, sorry.

It's basically UNI without Militaristic Entry Guidelines.

I almost got into a UNI for a Diploma despite my lack of qualifications.

Here's what i don't think about but people seem to think higher of me when I mention it.

I have:
-No High-school certificate
-No majors in anything ever.
-Dropped out before Year 10.

Meaning most of my English, eventing, gam mak skills, have been taught by myself and feedbacked by others over the past 12 years I've been absent from Academia.

I'm not going to Tafe so much for the higher learning it brags to make happen, I'm there to kick an odoriferous habit to the sideway and maybe make some real life friends? Wouldn't that be something?

It's like an obsession, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't attempted using game maker and other programs before. I just usually gave up before I could get to know the engine, for you see I lack discipline.

One thing High learning is good at is getting you out of bad habits very fast, and making you realize 'wow that was a bad habit I shoulda kicked'.

Man I'm glad I did a Uni course that was called 'Preparing for Success' in 2013, it was so good with getting me baseline referencing knowledge.

I didn't mean that to pay you out or be mean, sorry. Perhaps I should have put a :thumb: after good luck?
I seriously meant that it's good to be working towards something, and after hearing about your past, it just re-enforces that for me.

I also give up on learning things when I don't need to. That's why I'm still using RPG Maker XP and not Unity at this point. It'll be great to be forced to learn C++ next year.

Xilef":3iaunlbp said:
What does TAFE give you at the end of it?
The end is only one part of the journey, Young Xilef. It is in the trials of enduring and my chosen path's pursuits that I wager will yield true fruit.

The course is Digital arts and Interactive media (games).

It's right up my alley. I have done all I can with eb!'s toys for now, (Yes, I am factoring this abominable stepchild in) it is time for me to set sail on the voyage of uncertain promise.

We all must leave out comfort-zone sometime.

I fucking hate you.

But I wish you luck with your studies and life. Maybe one day you'll grow into a decent human being, at that will be the day I maybe take a look at some of the stuff you have made.

Good luck, stay safe, and try not to over work yourself.

Jeez potion, a bit strong there considering bizarre won our member of the year award two years in a row and saved a litter of puppies from a burning building last week after giving the opening speech at a charity event for the homeless youth

Jason

Awesome Bro

Yep, I'm with Potion on this one... guy is a cunt, hope he figures out how to actually human and then maybe I'll show a little respect.

tl;dr Good riddance, come back later if you want, but please don't, thank you.

Can you feel the love? :troll:

Monkey, the mutual disrespect we have on this forum doesn't reflect the honesty we have when we say good luck with your studies, I hope you further excel.

I'm pretty happy with being a cunt, s'long as I'm honest.

Anyway, I can tell you from experience that a college/university/whatever course won't take up so much of your time that you won't be able to visit the forums, or find time to work on your projects. On the off-chance you don't find time; good luck with it!

HiPoyion":2qw4t7aq said:
I fucking hate you.
I know!

But I wish you luck with your studies and life. Maybe one day you'll grow into a decent human being, at that will be the day I maybe take a look at some of the stuff you have made.

Good luck, stay safe, and try not to over work yourself.
Thanks! One day you'll find that I'm not necessarily evil, just a shade of gray among many, it's all good! You may hate me, but I never hated you.

But he was mean to me once and that gives me the right to hate him for the rest of my life. That's the rules.
Lol nerd, following rules.

Xilef":2qw4t7aq said:
Jeez potion, a bit strong there considering bizarre won our member of the year award two years in a row and saved a litter of puppies from a burning building last week after giving the opening speech at a charity event for the homeless youth
What the fuck I don't remember doing all that?

Jason":2qw4t7aq said:
Yep, I'm with Potion on this one... guy is a cunt, hope he figures out how to actually human and then maybe I'll show a little respect.

tl;dr Good riddance, come back later if you want, but please don't, thank you.
Hah! But you were the one who began your own troubles with me, dummy! Don'tchu remember?

It's all water under the bridge for me, and I respect you, I'm cool if you wanna keep being a manchild and don't wanna respect me, I never even really asked for it? Or maybe I did! It's been quite the years, hasn't it?

Xilef":2qw4t7aq said:
Can you feel the love? :troll:

Monkey, the mutual disrespect we have on this forum doesn't reflect the honesty we have when we say good luck with your studies, I hope you further excel.
Lol it's okay! I was well aware even before now that I had a few bad ties here, as it turns out I actually don't start until Monday, but yeah I hope I can still find time to visit now and then! I'm just being gracious in telling you it's likely that will not be a thing.

Princess Amy":2qw4t7aq said:
Well, we're all cunts. I know I am.
I will still be around in places, too! Dinoctopus is a thing I'm certain to stay with 'til the end.

Sated":2qw4t7aq said:
I'm pretty happy with being a cunt, s'long as I'm honest.

Anyway, I can tell you from experience that a college/university/whatever course won't take up so much of your time that you won't be able to visit the forums, or find time to work on your projects. On the off-chance you don't find time; good luck with it!
Thanks, I'll still be around otherplaces like rpgmaker.net and dinoctopus like I said. So you'll only notice me being a little less into it than usual.

I did do some way shitty things that I feel bad about, like super juvenile and shitty behavior and I'm disgusted at past me, but there's never really been an ideal place to apologize, and I'd rather show that I can do better, rather than get all soppy with an apology.

I like to be a cunt in moderation, which sounds dumb but like, I don't like being a dick to the point that people hate or despise me, I like being the sort of buttwipe you can just sort of brush off. Like and it's just 'oh lol thats just Biz'.

Granted, animosity is sure to stem from that sort of thing, and it's okay, because I expect it, I'm equipped to deal with it.

He mostly hangs out on rpgmaker.net now, though even there he's scarce. He's definitely grown some since then and now.

I understand what might have been going through his head, I became a similar way after vxace.net and rmwebs gave me the boot, but ultimately I was forced to change because of that circumstance, and by the looks of it, he was too.

He still hates #RRR with a passion, I'm not sure his reasoning, I never really hated them, I just thought a lot of their staff were pretty ... stupid to put it lightly, that said I was a lot more juvenile in how I looked at things back then, too!

If you do wanna stay in contact with me for some reason, adding me on skype is definitely the best way, since that's where I operate my collective from, and I'm gonna still check in with them a lot.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.