Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hullo

I'm editted for the sake of anonymosity! currently at an internship at a game studio in Austin, Texas as a Concept Artist. I used to mess with RPG2k, and now that I've gotten XP, I'd like to feel at least a little more involved in a community.

So, hello! :D

Ahhh, it's a new guy! Welcome to our not-so-loving community. I'm gonna give you the rundown of things that you WILL go through while here.

Warning - Use of RMXP.org may increase chances of
Sudden, Violent Death
Extreme Cases of Laughing
1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns
Extreme Anxiety
Anger and Vexation
Severe Noob Trauma
Sudden, Violent Death
Unbreakable Addictions to Forum Games
Temptations by seemingly innocent women
Amnesia of a previous night's events

If any of these occur, see your doctor immediately, for these may be severe side-effects of RMXP.org Membership. If Death occurs, also see your doctor. Please avoid running, sleeping, talking, thinking, or drinking while using RMXP.org. Seperate terms and applications may apply, see website for details.

Once, again, Welcome, and try not to get killed. xD

Clizzz":s5nv2k7e said:
Ahhh, it's a new guy! Welcome to our not-so-loving community. I'm gonna give you the rundown of things that you WILL go through while here.

Warning - Use of RMXP.org may increase chances of
Sudden, Violent Death
Extreme Cases of Laughing
1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns
Extreme Anxiety
Anger and Vexation
Severe Noob Trauma
Sudden, Violent Death
Unbreakable Addictions to Forum Games
Temptations by seemingly innocent women
Amnesia of a previous night's events

If any of these occur, see your doctor immediately, for these may be severe side-effects of RMXP.org Membership. If Death occurs, also see your doctor. Please avoid running, sleeping, talking, thinking, or drinking while using RMXP.org. Seperate terms and applications may apply, see website for details.

Once, again, Welcome, and try not to get killed. xD

I found that really funny

anyway WELCOME!! I can you some tips aswell

Read all of Venetia's and sixtyandaquarter's fails as they are hilarious
Like Clizzz said don't try and get too addicted to the forums
Read the forum rules or you'll get bothered by the staff
Don't post like an idiot or you'll recieve PM's (Yep I've had my experience)
Don't act like a noob.....There's a noob killer here
Read the topic about someone trying to kill TREG coz it's funny
And forum games are fun
This whole forum is a joke (kidding xD) even though I laugh when I see the banner O_o

Oh yeah your art is AWESOME

Time to dust off my inaugural welcoming message.

Welcome to .org here, CakeStorm, enjoy your stay.
I haven't clicked on your link yet, but perhaps later I will.  It's always nice to see people spreading their talents.

mawk

Sponsor

A storm of lies. LIES.

Hey, dude. So you've got some professional experience with games, huh? I can't wait to see you put them into use. Welcome to .ORG! Enjoy your stay. And bring your own water.

Ech... don't really like beer :P (and I'm underage..)

To be honest, I'm not the type to spend alot of time on the 'common areas' of forums, but I'll probably be active in artistic means. I've got nothing against e-social life but it causes my priorities to go out of whack.

*Gasp* Underage? Zenrdy, you offered a minor a alcoholic beverage? Officer, arrest him, he's over here! Yep, Cakestorm, you'll fit in just perfectly here! Just remember to report when you see bogus stuff, and Vene won't have to eat you!

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

Is there a rules/regulations page around here anywhere? I've looked everywhere and can't find it!

Um, really, I can't say there is. You just have to look around and learn from other people's mistakes. That's what seperates the Noobs from the Newbs.

CakeStorm":25cw1169 said:
Is there a rules/regulations page around here anywhere? I've looked everywhere and can't find it!
On every section there should be a sticky of rules.  For example, if you were to look above the main threads in this, the Introductions and Farewells section, you would find a stickied topic by Despain explaining the rules and guidelines of this the Introductions and Farewells forum.

Each section can typically have their own definition of rules, and can have rules no other section has.  For example the Introductions and Farewells has threads deleted when they reach the third page of in the view (not the thread itself, out of all threads).  While Forum Games is 3 months.  While let's say Resource Analise has no "outdated" deletions.

The staff appreciates when people read these rules, and a fair word of advice: the "I never knew that was bad" defense doesn't stand a chance here, because the rules are so clearly marked.

I fancy myself as intelligent enough not to be unintelligent :3

but y'never know. I'm no newb to forums, I know about spoilers, edit button, image etiquette etc, I was mostly curious if some things are not to be discussed, or what the profanity/sarcasm policies are. Just so I don't make a joke that would be HILARIOUS if it wasn't against the rules :P

zenrdy":3rh50j3a said:
welcome Cake storm!
Here's a beer :cheers:

Shall we invite ratty
:ratty:
*uppercuts zenrdy's lower jaw*

Welcome Cakestory. I see that in your avatar and your link you have some great artwork. I always adore that, welcome to the forums!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.