Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How's life?

We've been together a while, and well things change. Just wondering where everything is with you right now. Where are you working? Do you enjoy it? Finished school? University? Got a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Androidfriend? Consider yourself rich, poor, doing well?

I'm still here, in South Carolina of North America. I am not working, though I am looking. I graduated from high school in 2006, so yes. I can't afford to go to college. I have Star. <3 A female androidfriend would be awesome. I'm okay with money, I suppose.

There, I answered your questions!

I think I'm taking writing much more seriously now, so maybe that's something?

What a lovely thread.

Living in South West London still, quite a beautiful area too.
I'm back at university after a year at work as an app developer.
I enjoyed work, being back at university is weird but I enjoy it.
Got a girlfriend whom I love lots.
I'm doing well financially for my age because of that year of work and I'm getting job offers of £70k+ whilst still at university so I think I'll be fine once I graduate.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Let's see...

I'm 22, still living at home, not got a girlfriend but you guys know that, besides, I don't want one, I'm great how I am... I've obviously finished school, finished college, didn't go to Uni even though I was considering it at one point, I work as a cashier and it can get so boring sometimes, working minimum wage and shitty hours, don't even get a weekend off unless I use a holiday day, I wouldn't say I'm poor but I'm not rich, I'd say well off, since I can always afford what I want, I just don't have a bank account with thousands lying in it or anything, lol.

... And I have epilepsy, which is gayer than hiccup.

Hmm. 23. Living at home with my parents. I graduated Uni with a 2:2 so not good enough for a good job really. I work in retail and have gradually gained a love for shops and for town planning - I think ideally I'd rather work my way up that than get into computing even. I didn't exactly enjoy Uni (I keep having recurring nightmares about it in fact). I'm financially poor but certainly very stable and comfortable (I can't afford much stuff, but am in no danger of being homeless or anything, I mean!). No girl/boyfriend and not really looking to be honest, and my social life is almost entirely online.

27. living at home by myself. with couch people (they're more like termites, really. but sometimes i catch one carrying money, so its ok). financially on the edge, but have been my whole life- shockingly comfortable with it. not too worried about the whole love thing- love is evil and causes me to do bad things. i have a viable social life, but it pretty much just goes on around me. im rarely interested. i love psychology and programming- neither of which have I met anyone IRL who shares an interest in, so I suppose my real friends are online. all 2 of them. i spend my days contributing to random game development projects that i stumble into, and i've been working on a commercial game for some time (with some time left to go on it). for bonus credit, i pretty much consider myself "an optimistic psychopath".

I'm 23 now. I'm still at MIT slogging my way through a computer science degree, although I only have a year left now. As a student, I'm pretty broke, but I shouldn't have much trouble getting a sweet software engineering job after I graduate, so hopefully I can get my loans paid off in a year or two of working and then go traveling. I've also been living with my boyfriend for about a year and a half now, which is nice. And I've been doing a lot of game development stuff. Overall, things are going very well in my life right now.

regi

Sponsor

Caught up in my second year of college, also in CS. Been busy as hell, running around juggling schoolwork, projects, social life, and my game, but I'm having a blast! No idea what's going to happen in the future, but I'm enjoying the now for what it's worth. Apart from the looming stress over getting a summer internship, things are pretty swell here and I'm glad to still be working on games!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.