Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Holiday Stuff

How're your holidays going? What're you gonna do? Also post what you got for x-mas/hannukkah/etc. (you know, after you get them.)

Me? I've been working from sunrise and probably won't stop until well after midnight (taking a few minutes' break right now because I'm going insane).

Will likely work much of Christmas, too.

CEO scheduled a huge presentation for me to give to the board of directors on Thursday ... The day after Christmas.

Fun part? Something gave me food poisoning yesterday and I've been shitting water for the last 36 hours.

Best Christmas ever

Eh. Not looking forward to Christmas that much.
My moms been a huge cockdick today, I've had to wrap presents before going to my aunts, then I get back and I still had loads of presents to wrap but my mom wanted me to clean the dining room and my room for my uncle cause we're having him around for chirstmas diner.
Presents are most likely not amazing. Not that I mind shitty gifts, but this is the first year I've got everyone else gifts and honestly, I'm now broke. I get payed on the 27th, so that's alright.
Not the worst Christmas, but not the best. Just depressing I guess.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! x'D

Not getting together with the rest of the family until Saturday. Everyone will pretty much be done with Christmas by then. We might video chat tonight or tomorrow.

Spoo

Sponsor

Hanging out with Mom's side of the family for the most part. Sister-in-law's two-month old nephew died, so she's been depressed and everyone's probably going to have the flu before New Year's.

Still, went to grandmother's on my Mom's side and got an Abercrombie hoodie. I don't particularly like the company because their representatives make them look like assholes, but I didn't want to be rude. Also picked up a Radeon 7770 GPU during cyber monday, so that counts.

Also socks and fleece motherfucking pajamas. These things are the most comfortable legwear ever.

I'd just lole to tell you that I an very much appreciateive ofeverything and will defnitelyt make a bigger dil of next hristmas. You'r wonddergul peopl especially vinetia

Read history's strongest disciple kenichi
visit aunt (FOOD AND NIECE/NEPHEW YAY)
play dragon's dogma (dear heysoos it's amazing. It's as if skyrim had good gameplay and generic rpg world 101)
date with a classmate.
hang out with friends (there goes twenty bucks on food and movies :F)

I don't really get christmas presents so *shrugs*

Work, work, work.
The tips are great this time of year :D

Not mutch else, since erryone is working and we don't celebrate christmas in the first place.

But, merry christmas to you and all :heart:

Merry Christmas!!

This year, people actually bought me gifts - even my mom and best friend from faraway. I was shocked. o.o I wish I could repay them. ^^ Here's what I have obtained:

tumblr_mydjsp7Qsx1sqr6l7o1_500.jpg

A custom balk-jointed doll created by my bf, made too look like a Ghost Shards character. :)

tumblr_mydjq7HrrI1sqr6l7o1_500.jpg

A gift bag from a friend down here. It contained candy and a Walmart gift card.

tumblr_mydjo5VWsu1sqr6l7o1_500.jpg

The gift from my best buddy who lives faraway. :)

tumblr_mxlx6vkAPP1sqr6l7o1_500.jpg

My mother’s gift to me (the Hello Kitty). :D

Whoops, had a bit too much to drink last night.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love Venetia family gave to me,

A Kindle Fire for some reason (hey I'm not complaining)
A pocket sized, thick, hardback book of Oscar Wilde quotes
Socks (because I need socks for my feet)
Wolverhampton Monopoly (because YES fucking awesome)
A Lego Star Wars advent calendar (technically birthday present running up to XM)
An issue of Top Gear magazine
A Lego Star Wars book
Various chocolates

Suck my dick.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I didn't really get much compared to other years, but I'm not complaining since I didn't ask for anything, lol

A new digital camera <-- It's 16mp, records 1080p 30fps footage, but it's only 5x zoom, but it's really good quality so I don't mind whatsoever :D
SO MANY SOCKS
A new pair of slippers, I was desperate for some...
A new pair of Family Guy lounge pants
A new Batman tshirt, it's pretty much the same one I have now, but it's a nice grey colour with the logo on the chest
The Big Bang Theory party game (It's like a card game, sort of like Top Trumps, but it's also a drinking game... and involves you shouting Bazinga!)
£50 in shopping vouchers from my manager at work, going to spend them in HMV tomorrow when I go to Meadowhall, will put them towards Lego Marvel and Knack methinks.
£100 cash from my nannan
Too many shower gel sets... lol.

DJ

Some guy that did RMXP before

All i did on christmas is eating meat at dinner.
No gifts, No tree, Nothing, and I'm broke.
It's been quite a while our family didn't celebrated christmas much.

Instead, I made my character enjoy her own christmas.
HellcatChristmas.jpg

Yup, at least, She's quite enjoying it. Merry Christmas.

Ok, christmas is over for me. I got a couple new DC comicbooks, clothes and candy.

Kids haven't had a nap at all today; getting really fussy. I'm covered in spit and tears. They turned my room into the official diaper changing room. It really stinks in there now.

It was an okay day. I didn't really get that much sleep, so when I did wake up at 7 am (Always early on christmas) I was tired as fuck.
I got some okay presents.
A shaver. (Thank fuck. I needed to shave badly!)
Some awesome pajamas.
Lots of deodorant
A t-shirt from my sister
some alchomohol
and some other cool little game things like "chopstick challenge" (I explained this one in Post a picture of yourself)

I went to my sisters to see her and my dad, my stepmom got a new phone, and step sister got a new phone and laptop. My dad promised everyone else he'd get their presents when he next has money (Quite typical from him, not expecting him to get anything at all.)
It was a nice day though. The 27th felt more like a self christmas for me cause I brought myself a bunch of games and a headset so uhm yeah.
I wish I got socks. I normally get socks.

A new phone and laptop. That's two presents. He's a liar or needs to get his priorities right; why not give her one then you one? (And give her another one later when he has money)

Princess Amy":3yfdp3wq said:
A new phone and laptop. That's two presents. He's a liar or needs to get his priorities right; why not give her one then you one? (And give her another one later when he has money)
Because we're not priorities. He just got (re)married so I assumed he would have got them guys a lot of shit, but I didn't expect him to not get us anything. I know there's 5 of us (7 if you count the other two brothers I have that he doesn't speak to) but still, even something small.
I think the best bit is that he recently got £4000 and got himself a samsung tablet at the start of the month for his birthday. He's still yet to get me a birthday present (which was in july and I was living with him when it was my birthday) so that is why I don't expect a christmas present.
I think I've decided that I don't really want contact with my dad. He just... I dunno...
ANYWAY I SHOULD STOP RUINING THE FESTIVITIES! I ENJOYED CHRISTMAS AND I MIGHT ENJOY NEW YEAR EVEN MORE ;)

That's a good way to start the year.

It's some stupid superstition that how you spend new years will determine what the rest of the year will be like. Like if you want to be successful at something; do whatever it is on new years but in a small amount and do it well.
I didn't make any resolutions this year. Did anyone else?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.