Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hey look, that faggot is back after a short break!

Jason

Awesome Bro

You know you missed me...

Anyways gonna' say a few things, first is why I just up and left:

I know I seemed to up and leave pretty much exactly after "being mean" to some member that I generally don't like (Still don't by the way, but let's not get into that), but those two events weren't related, as I've said to Potion on Skype, the reason why I left was...

Since the first week of July I'd actually been working with a friend over Skype on a game where I was the head artist (He was doing SOME art too, but pretty much following what I'd made) and character designer, t'was really fun actually, and I was in charge of picking the art style and such, so designed a custom template for it, and went on from there... progress was a little iffy on my behalf due to me spending more time pretty much just trolling the forums and shit than actually working, so my leave was to try and focus on the spriting more (I actually had my brother block the website in our Router settings and change the password, serious shit!) and it actually did work, production kicked up and I made a lot of progress...

However, a couple of days ago, my friend decided he wasn't happy with what we were doing with the game... we were meant to have a demo ready to show off on another forum TODAY, but he pretty much wanted the entire art style changing by then, and said he wanted me to make a new template in a higher resolution, and resprite all the characters with more detail (Baring in mind I'd made 30 unique sprites with the majority of them having a recoloured version for variety) along with "upgrading" the tilsets... that's just an impossible thing to ask for in such a short period of time, and when I told him no, he said he'd just take everything and find someone else to do it, since I apparently "wasn't good enough anyway"... orly? So before he could take anything, I went into our shared dropbox folder and deleted everything like a bawss. Fuck him, I still have backups, and he'd not modified or moved any of the files since I'd put them in, so I know he has nothing now, except a couple of screenshots of the WIP tileset and sprites for measurement and shit, lol. What a wanker.

Now, let's see... what's happened while I've been gone?

Well, in my very limited spare time... at the time that is, I've just been playing games and shit as usual... had an epileptic seizure in bed a few weeks back, fell out of bed (Bare in mind I'm on the top bunk, 7ft up) and broke my nose and blacked both my eyes, that's been fun as fuck... finally recovered from it but left with a dirty scar across my nose between my eyes, lol. I've finally booked in TWO sessions for my tattoo, the first being on the 18th September, with a FREE consultation before hand on the 11th woo woo, turns out the tattooist, Tom, is actually chill as fuck and I've hung out with him twice already and he's a massive gamer and shit too and yeah, lol. Pretty excited about it, but shit scared at the same time since y'know... needles.

And finally, the last thing... why am I back?

Because fuck you that's why. But no seriously, Yesterday I was hit with an amazing idea for a game that I could MAYBE do solo, and shouldn't take too long once I work out the systems and shit, I'm gonna' make a thread about it hopefully in the next couple of weeks... but yeah, after what I'd been doing, it really got me back in the mood to do something game making related again, something new and not work on something older (Anything I've been "working on" until now, is pretty much officially dead, even the things I got quite far on like Over The Horizon, lol), and since this is a game making forum (And pretty much a second home on the internet for me) and I'm making a game... 2 + 2 = Dick in your arse, right?

tl;dr

Fuck her right in the pussy.

You don't like me?

And I never knew I'm sorry D:

More people here should look at easy to produce solo projects, The Drum Project is a good example of a solo produce games in terms of size and scope.
Arcadey games that take a couple of months to produce is good for building yourself up to larger projects.
So is your solo project a big project or something arcadey?

Jason

Awesome Bro

Never said it was you, lol

Depends how you define arcadey and big, lol... it's gonna' feel like a mix between both in a way, it'll have a storyline of some sort, and the gameplay will hopefully be pick up and play, something easy to get into, but I want to go a little in depth with the gameplay this time, instead of focusing more on the story... so it'll definitely be more gameplay orientated, it'll start off with simple mechanics, but then I want to introduce more complex things... so yeah, it'll start off feeling arcadey (Except you'll be able to save your progress and carry on from where you left off, arcade games generally don't do this) but then feel more like a full game as it progresses... but I don't want it to be too big that I can't handle it, I don't want it going on for like over a year without anything to show or something silly... I'm hoping it'll be finished in a couple of months tops to be honest.

I know I'm not saying much at the moment, but I reckon that once I show it off, people will take an interest.

Injury

Awesome Bro

You better stick around mofo!

Glad your back, hope the seizures are few and far inbetween, but keep the ink rolling! Do you have a picture of what you're going to get?

FHRITP

Hey man, welcome back and though ya don't know me at all I gotta say it's a shame, about your terrible times ;w;
Hope they get better.

Jason

Awesome Bro

hr7W9Cg.jpg

Ignore the horribly obvious greasy hair, I'd not showered for pretty much the entire week, I was bed ridden for the first four days, and could only just walk around and shit for the following few... showered the day after this picture was taken, and it felt glorious... except getting shampoo in it hurt like FUCK

Also the bruising under my eyes had gone down a lot there, they were like 10x worse before, dark purple and bigger area, lol, also my forehead and tip of my nose were horribly bruised too... not sure how they went away so quick compared to the others, lol. I've also STILL (Weeks after!) got a bruise on my right side along my ribs, but it's only like a pale yellow colour now, should be gone in the next few days I hope, it was a horrible purpley-brown colour for ages, lol

Jason

Awesome Bro

Aye, the stache grows much slower than the goatee sadly... although they both grow slow together, this is after like... over a month of not shaving LOL.

Kinda reminds me actually, should probably take a more recent picture of myself for Facebook, lol :P (Yeah I'll post it on here too so you can fap, don't worry!)

So there was once this really mean faggot that I didn't like and he was just a massive prick and he hated everyone. Like. He couldn't go 2 seconds on the forums without arguing and since he left there hasn't been any of tha-

Oh...
Hi faggot.

Glad you're back man, it'll be good to have your blunt critique back here. Also, didn't say much about your seizure on skype or anything but HOLY FUCK dude. That's just...
You look like you fell out of a 7ft bed and broke your nose. Oh my god Best analogy ever

Jason

Awesome Bro

Nah, but if you'd check Facebook sometime you'd have seen I posted more pictures and went into detail on there and shit too, lol

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.