Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hey everyone!

moog

Sponsor

Hey there everyone, Im TK, or I guess Id go by TokyoKenshin as well on the forums. Ive been in this site alot but never really registered so I guess now is a good time as any!

Lets see, I guess you are intrested about me...ok, well I am primarily a musician, a percussionist to be specific. Im a freshman USC-Columbia where I major in Music Education, and its ok I guess. I also teach at a little high school near North Carolina.

Gaming wise, I like mostly RPGs and Puzzle type games, anything to make you think, with a heavy emphasis on Final Fantasy (pre-X). I also love alot of obscure games, such as Silhouette Mirage, Illusion of Gaia, Shin Megami Tensei, ActRaiser, (Well, anything Quintet) and Grandia (well Grandia's no SO obscure). Im also one of the people who thinks Secret of Evermore is (clearly) superior to Secret of Mana. :)

I listen to alot of indie stuff, but usually anything. My favorite bands are Do As Infinity, Paramore, Led Zepplin, AcDc, UVERWorld, Utada (Not KH Stuff, Im an ACTUAL fan), and pretty much VG music.

Well, seems like ive said enough! There shall be a test tomorrow! =D (Jk.)

I look forward to getting to know most of you, so thanks for letting me be apart of your community!

ohhh yay! Hello fellow Do As I fan, I also loved Utada before the KH fame, it was always her and S.E.S (technically the latter is more kpop but they were/are popular in japan too) anywah, welcome to the forums!

moog

Sponsor

Haha, thanks ^_^
Yeah, Im into most of Tomiko Van's music, especially Oasis.

Oh yeah, and obviously, im heavily into anime, such as FLCL, Gantz, Golden Boy, Rurouni Kenshin, Gits:SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, and Last Exile.

moog

Sponsor

Yeah, surprisingly enough more people are oblivious to those great games. *scratches head*
Oh well, I suppose ignorance is bliss. *rolls eyes*

Hell no. Elfen Lied has the music.

...And I've never played any of the games you mentioned. (Not even Final Fantasy. Never played a single FF game. Weird, no?)

moog

Sponsor

gratheo":1jt7zyy7 said:
Hell no. Elfen Lied has the music.

...And I've never played any of the games you mentioned. (Not even Final Fantasy. Never played a single FF game. Weird, no?)

You haven't lived until you've played Illusion of Gaia ^_^
I find most of the post-Quintet Enix (Besides So2 and VP) to be very un-interesting. *shrugs*

JakeyZombie":m6mhj1pp said:
Reives":m6mhj1pp said:
Speaking of which: Crude recording of Lilium I made a while back (click)
Ahem, anyway, that's enough offtopic-ing on my part. Welcome.
I'm always catching you shamelessly whoring your creations, you little bitch.
Ohwoes, I don't understand, why is sharing something of interest plugging, just because it's recorded by me (the song's still Elfen Lied)? :cry: I even hid the link in the post to hide the website for that matter. I wanna be good boy, papa, I really do.

Welcome to the forum, sir.

I used to play percussion in my middle school years, but I hath flailed, and now I can no longer read music. :D

Nice to see many musicians in general come on to this forum, at one point there were little to NO music resources available from a wide range of people. Good that you are here, steer.

Reives":2p5jw49f said:
JakeyZombie":2p5jw49f said:
Reives":2p5jw49f said:
Speaking of which: Crude recording of Lilium I made a while back (click)
Ahem, anyway, that's enough offtopic-ing on my part. Welcome.
I'm always catching you shamelessly whoring your creations, you little bitch.
Ohwoes, I don't understand, why is sharing something of interest plugging, just because it's recorded by me (the song's still Elfen Lied)? :cry: I even hid the link in the post to hide the website for that matter. I wanna be good boy, papa, I really do.
I was joking this time, but I've got my eyes on you, little one...

moog

Sponsor

Ratty524":vtzmavqr said:
Welcome to the forum, sir.

I used to play percussion in my middle school years, but I hath flailed, and now I can no longer read music. :D

Nice to see many musicians in general come on to this forum, at one point there were little to NO music resources available from a wide range of people. Good that you are here, steer.

Heh, I actually didnt start till 9th grade...or get good till 11th. But I got into it I guess so its a career thing now.

I just recently started writing music for games so ill be sure to post my work in the music section, since the ONLY thing I can use is Finale...(The sounds arent that great, but hey, it works.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.