Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guild Wars 2 (also, Guild Wars)

Anyone play?

I must admit I'm not very good at meeting up with people and usually drop out out of awkwardness / butterflies or end up letting people down, but I thoroughly enjoy playing on my own as a sadass.

Currently level 60 / 50% map completion and done the storyline up to just over my level, it's pretty cool.

I love the whole exploration to gain exp idea. It means you don't have to fight tons of shit to level up. And each level seems to take the same amount of exp, relatively, since everything is quite sillily buffed to your level, but that's great in my opinion.

Anyway I'm a human because I'm boring, and my favourite city by far is Ebonhawke. I'm an engineer and usually just set up hundreds of turrets and then maintain them while they defeat stuff for me.

I played all four Guildwars I games although didn't get very far in EOTN; I just got it for the Charr homelands really to try and get some pre-searing feelings. I think Kryta in GW2 has really got this back and it's fantastic. Great scenery. Ascalon itself is so much better too, not just a recently-destroyed graveyard.

I play/played GW2 :D
I really liked it to begin with, but I found the landscapes to just feel depressing after a while - Its always dark and dreary (unless you're in the Sylvari area)

I have 3 accounts all around level 35-40, simply because I just got bored of the same moveset, which I find to be the main thing that detracts from GW2, but it's an ok game overall, I think.

Then again, I never actually played it with other people, and apparently it opens up after you hit level 40 or something, so I guess I haven't really given it a proper chance.

[Username respective :D]

There's definitely a lot of depressing landscapes but I think there are enough gems in-between to make it worthwhile, you just need to be in the right areas I think. Mainly the nicest parts are the human areas, around Queensdale, it's very happy medieval rather than recent desolation.

Fusty

Sponsor

I've played it since the release, but kind of lost interest when the main group I was hanging out with stopped playing. Nowadays I only log on if there's a new story event or to play through a dungeon with the aforementioned group.
My main character is a Sylvari Ranger, which is currently in full exotic gear.
I really advise you to play with more people Amy, this is one of those games (in my opinion) that becomes ten times more awesome when you play it with a group.

I generally just do events and end up playing with people anyway, just never remembering their names. I love that you can just drop in and out of a group event like that without having obligations to friends but still being a team player.

First thing I did was use the asura gates to get to Lion Arch, and then from there fully unlock every home town place thing. That's an easy way to unlock huge variety as you then get the starter areas for each place instead of having to go through level 50 areas.

I played this bit when it came out, tried out every class.

So far I enjoyed the Paladin the most. I rarely play it right now though, my Human Paladin is already level 30 for ages.

i'm a level 28-ish warrior nord. i got bored because the friends i was playing with majorly out-levelled me and i lost interest :(

Exploration was pretty cool in that game though.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Yeah pretty much the same as Ven, I was levelling my character with my brother, I was also a Norn Warrior suprisingly enough, lol. Anyways, it was fine until like level 15, but then he started playing it while I was working, and was double my level pretty soon, and by the time I reached level 30 he was level 80, I said fuck it and yeah... got bored of it myself. Might pick it up again some day.

so far im level 7 ad i am a sylvian necromancer.
Its cool because i get to summon minions and one of the spells summons two little skeleton dogs that i can blow up any time i want and cause damage.
Event quests are really cool.

I started playing again after seeing this thread. My elementalist is now level 53 (31 before) and I'm completely hooked.
I was playing Tera prior and I remember playing it and thinking "This is so much better than Guild Wars 2, it can't even compare" but now I'm not so sure.
Yeah, the battle system is more interactive and innovative, the armour and weapons look better, the skills are more fun, its eastern (I love anime and the like :D), the monsters are more creative, the places are brighter and happier, the character design is more fun, the PvP is scarier and more thrilling and the quests seem much deeper and meaningful. . . Something just makes me prefer Guild Wars now, even though I can't find anything that Guild Wars 2 does better than Tera.

Anyone else find that, or even find anything that GW2 does better?
I'm crazy. I know.

Perhaps I actually do prefer western MMOs :<

I can't get past Tera's hypersexualized pedophile's dream race, the Elin.

DtusLfX.jpg

Uncensor-Tera-Elin-Model.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHk00GlIzHY

i mean jesus christ this is fucking disgusting :/

i can't care if the rest of the game is amazing ... it's like funding pedophilia or something, ugh

Fusty

Sponsor

Yeah the Elin are absolutely idiotic. The rest of the game is... ok I suppose, I played it for a few weeks but lost interest pretty quick. For the same reason as with Guild Wars actually, my group of friends stopped playing :p

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.