Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Free Photoshop

Probably. In fact, Ven posted a thing a while back about adobe with activation codes for Photoshop, premier pro, Illustrator and I don't know what else. CS2 is kinda dated though, I think that's what my computer class in high school used. You might have compatibility issues with your new computer.

onzephyr

Awesome Bro

not really. I remember when this happened. It was more of a mistake on Adobe's part that had good damage control.

What happened was at the end of 2012 adobe shutdown the activation servers for CS2 suite. Well it turned out a good number of people were still using and installing Legal copies of CS2. My work still has a few seats of CS2 kicking about. Due to the serves being switched off they could not activate. So they called up Adobe to complain. Adobe decided to fix it by offering a download for CS2 with an installer and serial that didn't need online activation. This was nice gesture and kind of rare for adobe. The mistake was they did not put it behind a user login. Well at some point soon after the link was posted on Reddit and it blew up. Everyone claiming Adobe had turned CS2 into freeware.

Adobe responded by saying, no it's not freeware you still need to own a legit copy, please don't abuse it lets all use the honor system. But yes anyone could download and use a fully activated suite of CS2 for free.

the thing is at this point adobe could of removed the link. They did not, the guess is they liked the positive PR and someone with a bit of sense realized that while not condoning it they could use it to their advantage in a variety of ways. So the link still exists and for most of 2013 it did not require a login of any kind. Now it does require an adobe id account to login but you do not have to prove you own cs2 to download it.

if you are looking for it you can find it here. index of entire CS2 suite not just PS
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitleme ... _downloads

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.