Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forum Switch Preview

I think moving the forum to smf would be a great idea. I personally like smf more so im all for it. Its also cost effecitve and sturdy. I have Sweet idea, cant wait

bad~

That, at least, sounds like a good idea.
Glad to see Shadow finally hit admin. Go shadow!

Good luck with the transfer.

I already saw the skin, thought it was kinda cool but a little bland, not that I would've been able to do better mind.

shadow

Sponsor

We'll be updating the screenshot soon, some changes were made that I think you all will like. It's starting to look a little bit more .orgish, you'll see what I mean when it's updated!

Anonymous

we got rmvx.org and rmvx.net, yeah. rmvx.com was already taken.

Hey, TREG. That's a fancy lookin' skin, and site. The move will be very beneficial indeed. :)

EDIT: I would also like to take this time to say congrats to you shadow on your promotion to Administrator.

Yeah I'm with sasuke. I'm not really feeling this. Partially because it makes this place seem more uniform. Right now its perfect the way it is. Its also the main reason I don't go to Dublealex's place. Its just to crowded and blah. But if its for the good of the community it must be done I guess. Good job none the less.

I don't see the point to be honest.

I mean, we have a good skin now, and the forum well... works.

Changing to SMF will unveil even more problems as no conversions are ever perfect.

Edit: You are changing to SMF right and that's not just something I misread from other posts?

(Although... if this fixes the pound sign problem then I say go ahead with it! :) It's unfair to us brits. :p)

Edit #2: Ah, if it saves money and server resources, then it's a great idea.

Rye

I think it looks nice. At least we don't have the blue dragon icon anymore. I always wondered why we kept that when I've always known it to be attached to the PK version of RMXP. I don't really like Tana's dragon kid, so I don't really mind that I don't see it anymore.
So, it looks good so far. ^^;; I hope we still have the blogs on the new forum, cause I really enjoyed that feature. And uh... vanity thing, but the badges for the people who paid to come back. <_< I liked my badge, now my stuff under my avatar looks off balance! :<

Congrats to Shadow, but bummer I won't have the Spivtastic skin anymore. Not to say you guys haven't done a swell job with that there, but I hate greys :'P

Anonymous

Hevendor;307895 said:
They say "don't try to fix what isn't broken", but ...

Whatever's best for the forum I guess. :)

only it is broken! $30/y isn't much but it's quite a lot more expensive than $0/y and all of us are terribly poor. also the skins wouldn't convert anyway.

venetia":1iyj5dma said:
Congrats to Shadow, but bummer I won't have the Spivtastic skin anymore. Not to say you guys haven't done a swell job with that there, but I hate greys :'P

there will probably be a number of color schemes to choose from eventually, though maybe not at first; this is just the default one we're working on.

Wow, soon I won't know ANY of the staff on this place...

I personally love SMF, there's very little to complain about. I think it's a good move.

While you're at it, do you happen to be doing anything more with the site itself? For example, the download manager is an extension for vBulletin, not SMF, though I'm sure that one exists.

EDIT: Haha... Steak and beer are indeed necessities.

Anonymous

while we're really only working on the basic layout right now, we do have a fully-featured mainsite in the works - project hoster, actual download manager, lots of cool stuff. there'll be more news on that as news about it develops, but we are working in it!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.