Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FF6 Tiles [Ripping]

Update! I've nearly done with Narshe! I have a few ropes to do, the mountains and then the autotiles, and then I'm done with Narshe. Next will be the inside of the houses, and then the caves -- which will be easy -- and then the battle hills of Narshe. Then I'm completely done with Narshe.

Here is a screenshot of my resent test of the tilesets. I hurried up and uploaded, but behind the tips the tops of the rocks, are flooring. But that's now gone in the actual tileset. I just didn't have time to screenshot again lol

nntbuo.jpg

So, is it coming along nicely, or bad?

*Oh, since the thread is no longer asking how...maybe this should be moved?

I'm gonna start up with this again this Saturday and Sunday, as I said before, inside of houses and doors, will have to wait. I've tried again with the inside of the houses, but its just so difficult. Every time I rip them, they are either an inch higher or lower, than its partner ripped graphic. :facepalm

I can do outside, villages and things like that for now. I'm done with Narshe and almost done with the caves, so the next will be Figaro, since you go to Figaro next in the game lol

I'll update as soon as I finish the last of the caves, I might even be able to make a test video or something :)

P.S
If I never said it before, I know how to make autotiles! yay! :heart:

Alright, started up on it....I've encountered a problem, similar if not exactly, like the one problem I encountered inside the houses.

My problem is the sides of the map, where ever it may be at the moment. I tried everything I could think of, and each time it is either lower or higher than the rest of the tileset and cannot match up with it. I'm thinking a autotile will do, but I'm not sure what to do. This problem is a little too hugh for me to handle right now >.> Any help?

5f12zl.png

Something keeps tellin' me Autotile, but then I go "there would be too many tiles to fit into the autotile template :<

Okay, thought I should update. I'm trying to find all the inverse corners (Interior corners) to the hay, and this is what I have so far lol

Still messed up, but I'm getting there!

Also, I'm not sure if this is for VX as well, but I did some mega searching (which took me days! lol) and this is some information that I found.

You know the top middle box? Well, that is the autotile underneath what you are making. If you want dirt on grass, then the top middle would be the grass. If you wanted stone on snow, the top middle would be snow, so the stone knows what to lay on. If you leave it transparent, I guess (haven't tried it yet) it could still work, and you can use it on any tileset. But if you want to do edits and have it for one grassy/dirty/snowy area, then you'd fill it with the basic ground element. :D

I found this information on RPG Maker XP Tutorial.

tr3_3.png

In the top left-hand corner, we have the main tile. This consists of the four outermost corners of the large tile below. The middle tile at the top is the main tile which the autotile will tile with - in other words, another autotile that will tile with this autotile. For example, if you take a look at the waterfall autotile above, you will see that it has the main tile of the lake autotile here. This means that it will tile seamlessly with the lake.

So this is what I got from the above and Sashikinaroji's help on another forum! I didn't want him or you my readers, to think I stopped this project! I'm not one to give up on my stuff ^,^

2rm845w.jpg

The top right still needs the four inverse (Interior as you told me ^,^) corners, and I'm finding it right now, but I wanted to share my progress! ;D

(You can see it still needs editing though around the botton 96x96 grid and the top lol)

Now that I'm finished with my novel and have loads more of free time, I can get back to this! The autotiles have been a punch to the gut. I had no idea how to go about creating one! I couldn't find any tutorials besides one that wasn't really...helpful. I mean it was great, no lie about that and it taught me everything I do know about it, but it didn't help with what I had problems with.

And then I came across this image and this, which greatly helped me! Now that I know how to do it (or at least have the concept down!) I can go on with my project. The autotiles were really bugging me and it made me not want to continue until I had months to myself, but now that I have the inspiration and new knowledge of how it works, I'm pretty sure I can do this! So far the only hard things I've encountered was the autotiles and organizing the tilesets. Yea, ripping wasn't hard, it was organizing them that was hard! lol

So those images combined with the previous post has greatly improved the chances of actually ripping the entire set of graphics! Yay! :heart: It won't be as great as Dargor's SDK, I know it, but its a great project for those who....don't want to use the SDK? Crazy as they might sound xD But who knows, maybe it'll be used besides my use of it. lol

Anyways, I'm starting it up once again! Although it never ended after the last post, I just saved autotiles for last, which was basically slowing it all down....

Well, expect my ten attempts of different autotiles soon guys! I already have two in the works! :haha:

(Although I still not sure I know what the top right of the autotile (The "1") does I think I have a clear idea what it is and how to create my own lol)

Well, that's it for now :!:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.