Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FDNPC - Fatal Destiny NPC Creator (v2.2.2.0 Released)

fdnpc_v211_title.PNG

FDNPC v 2.2.1.0
fdnpc_v221_screenshot.png

DOWNLOAD - 685,024 Bytes

FDNPC v 2.1.1
fdnpc_v211_screenshot.PNG

DOWNLOAD - 392,735 Bytes

FDNPC v 2.0.0
fdnpc_screenshot.PNG

DOWNLOAD - 305,336 Bytes

I made this software quite some time ago, but I decided that I should share with everyone now! This software is used to create NP/Main Characters for your games. You input all of your information about the character, and then export it to a notepad document for easy use! There really isn't anything extra about this, but it does have 2500+ random names to choose from to make your characters unique! It is completely free of charge, and you can use it how you want! But, please, if there are any bugs, please contact me and I will fix them.

Website

Change Log for v2.2.1 -

New Features

* Weapon Style under the Character Styles.
* Armor Style under the Character Styles.
* Fighting Style under the Character Styles.
* Home Town under the General Information.
* There is now a built-in character name generator.

Updated Features

* Newer, easier to use interface.
* When saving, it saves as character's name instead of default.
* Race is now a drop-down with pre-defined races.
* Class is now a drop-down with pre-defined Classes.
* Now only requires .netFramework 2.0.

Upcoming Features

* Graphical User Interface. (Clean graphics instead of the boring defaults.)
* (NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS)

Changes in version 2.1.1 -
* New Intro Form
* Last Names Randomized In

Future:

New Software:
FDLM - Fatal Destiny Location Maker

Features:
*Random Location Name
*Choose how many random locations pop-up
*Random Descriptions of the locations
*Stand-alone Program
*Add-on to FDNPC

New FDNPC Features:
*XML Export Support
*Graphical Interface
*Allow character graphics to generate with character description - Difficulty (Hard)

Very useful! The layout is very user-friendly, and it can be used for useful means and for better character development.

Gonna download it right away! :D

EDIT: Download link not working. T-T

mawk

Sponsor

this looks like a neat little tool, actually. with criteria set in stone like that, it could help some people to flesh out their characters a little more than would otherwise occur to them. for those that don't need that, it's at least a handy way of keeping everything in one place.

but the link certainly is broken, even when I go around and try to download from the site proper.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well I think it's a handy program, although I can't see why people couldn't think of things like this on their own ?

I mean, if I'm making a character, I know to give him a name, age, background, skills, and an appearance, but I guess for some people who aren't as creative, this can give them a kickstart on their character development.

I'm not saying it's a bad program, I actually think it's a good idea for people that lack the creativity to develop their own characters, and I'm praising you for that, I'm saying that it just doesn't appeal to me personally, as I don't have problems with creating characters.

Jbrist, I think this program even helps those can create characters pretty well. The program gives you the chance to develop every little bit of the character and organize them in a handy way. That's my opinion though. ^^

I downloaded and it works fine. Will definitely use it sometime. :thumb:

Love":cigotgxk said:
Jbrist, I think this program even helps those can create characters pretty well. The program gives you the chance to develop every little bit of the character and organize them in a handy way.
Well-said :D This is, indeed, a great program to create characters and npcs...although, one suggestion: if possible, could you add last names as well? A lot of name generators I've come across have had first AND last names...If you're unable to do this, that's fine, it's still a great program :D

No, that is fine, I can make an update and add last names to it! If there is anymore suggestions on anything to add, please feel free to tell me. (I can also make more sub forms to the main one.) I am up for any suggestions on this program...or if someone would like me to make another whole program for use!

Thank you all for your comments so far, I am glad I can contribute a useful item to the community. :D

EDIT: UPDATED Main post with the newer version!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hmm, although this doesn't really seem update-worthy since it's just one option, but how about adding a weapon style onto it ?

Will do. I will add that in for the next release. (I will release a newer version once I get at least 5 new features for it.) So, feel free to give me ideas.

Why are the last names the same as the first names? also, could you add more humanish names? Most of the ones you have seem like they would be better suited for different races. One more request/suggestion (for now): maybe you could split the different names up into categories? Take a look at Serendipity for examples of what I mean...

I will add that to my todo list. :D Thanks! I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure I should do that. So far I have enough items to add for another update! I should have another update on this soon. (I will be keeping the older versions of the program so that if you just want the basic one, you can have it.)

Yeah, the names are the same, just reversed so that they go together...I can definitely change that in the next update.

Oh yeah, I will also be making the interface for this a lot easier to use...not that it isn't already, but I will try to make it more intuitive. Any suggestions on how it should look? Crisp buttons, nicer menu, etc.?

UPDATE - Check first post for screenshot and download.

Change Log for v2.2.1 -

New Features

* Weapon Style under the Character Styles.
* Armor Style under the Character Styles.
* Fighting Style under the Character Styles.
* Home Town under the General Information.
* There is now a built-in character name generator.

Updated Features

* Newer, easier to use interface.
* When saving, it saves as character's name instead of default.
* Race is now a drop-down with pre-defined races.
* Class is now a drop-down with pre-defined Classes.
* Now only requires .netFramework 2.0.

Upcoming Features

* Graphical User Interface. (Clean graphics instead of the boring defaults.)
* (NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.