Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content DVT: Season 1 Finished.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
There has been some thought/talk about turning season 2 into a game episodic series instead of just episodes you watch. There probably wouldn't be any battles, but more puzzle ish, and you could control the characters. I'm not sure if it's going to happen, but it's just an idea at the moment.

Anyone have any thoughts on that idea?

There a couple of things that are still being planned out. I'm not sure if they will work, but I'm just getting ideas. After the season finale, I'm thinking of turning the whole first season into a game.  Puzzles, dungeons, getting to controll the characters, things like that. I'm still not sure how it will work, but who knows =/ Would people be willing to play a game of the whole first season of the series? This is the time to get your opinions for this. Please let me know. If this works, then season 2 will be a full game instead of an episodic series.

I still think the episodic approach is the best... be it part game or not... this'll give us something to look forward too, while keeping the attention high on this topic!

The Future of Domain has been partially decided. This may bug some people, and if it does, I'm sorry. Starting within the next month or so, "Once I finish high school at the end of March," I will be starting to turn all of season 1 into a game. It won't be episodic, not the first game anyway. From then on, I will possibly turn season 2 into an episodic game. I'm still not 100% sure about that one aspect. It would be better to have a game leading into season 2 instead of people having to watch 10 episodes 17 - 60 minutes long just to get to the game portion.

What does that mean for the season one finale? I'm still not sure. I've been debating about this one thing for quite a while. I'm thinking about not finishing the finale for first season. If I want to work on a large game, I need to spend more time on that. The season finale will be the final part of the game. That way, more people will play the game, just to see the end. I'm still not sure if that's what I'm going to do, it's just a thought.

I still want your thoughts on the whole thing. Post what you think here and of course I will look at them and take them into consideration.

My opinion is that you should just wrap up Season 1 as is...and then turn Season 2 into a game if that's the direction you want to go in. I think once you start a Season 1 game and realize that you have to basically tell this entire story again, you'll lose interest quickly. Might as well keep moving forward instead of lagging behind while tweaking what you've already made.

But remember Volrath, I already have the cutscenes made. All I would really need to add, if I wanted to make a game, are dungeons, and gameplay. Everything else is already done.

Just watch episode 8...and it was a good one. Didn't thought that The Shadow would be Betawolf... And just release with the season finale already!!! :)

Before the game, I have decided to finish season 1. The finale is currently being worked on, but it's hard with school, work, and xbox live calling my name :P I'm trying to get it done ASAP, but I also want it to be of great quality. Since I have a spring break coming up in a couple weeks, I'll use that time to hopefully finish the finale and release it.

The Season Finale of Domain is as follows. Episodes 9 and 10 will be combined into one full episode. It will be over an hour long. It will have cliffhangers, and hopefuly some plot twists XD And, it will be released June 14.

That is all. =)

This looks great, I'll download when my other downloads end...
>_> curse you windows 2000 plus old laptop!

EDIT: Aww! I just realized. I had had an idea that is similar to your premise...I'll have to work with my own idea a lot...

News:

I just renewed the license for the Domain website, so the episodes will remain up for another year while I'm gone. Don't worry though, I'll get the finale out before I leave =) Anyway this is my plan for the Future of Domain.

Finish Season 1
Turn Season 1 into a game.
Make and finish season 2.
Turn season 2 into a game.
Make season 3.
Turn season 3 into a game.

I decided that I want to stick with the Domain episode idea. For those who don't want to watch, and want to play, there will be games following shortly after each season is finished. Well, in season 1s case, it will be a while since I'm moving.

Anyway remember to keep looking out for the finale on the 14th!

I am extremely excited and proud to announce the Domain Season Finale is finished!!!

A lot has been going on, especially since I'm moving in 2 days, but I finished it, and I think it's my favorite yet.

There's a new title screen,
an amazing scene selector that I can't believe I figured out how to make XD
And the credits are completely different.

Plus there are some really cool scenes in the episode as well. So check it out!!!

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2183/episode910cl3.png[/img]

I watched it, and it was probably the best episode of the entire series so far.

Anyone reading this should watch it now. If you're not to the finale yet, go watch all the other episodes first!

Seriously. Go do it. Now.

Akura

Awesome final.. Just awesome. The ending music reminded me of Chrono Cross... :)
Can't wait for the game and/or season 2.
Good job on season 1 Speedpaws.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.