Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dreams

Last couple nights I've had some really trippy dreams.
One was like something out of the Twilight Zone, or maybe Rick & Morty. I moved into an apartment/dorm place. But we had to keep moving rooms. I slowly realized I was living in the Infinite Hotel Paradox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
There were other people there but I uncovered the secret, that the people they were moving were just alternate versions of myself. And as I kept going though the rooms I got closer and closer to my other-selves. It was kinda horrifying. Like, I couldn't escape being me. I never actually encountered myself, but I thought "what if I decided to move in with myself" - and in the next room was 3 beds with 3 versions of my dog, as if to say I already tried that.
Then I started thinking that the other ME that came before must be having the same thoughts, and I was just a room behind. That meant I was just catching up with my future self. By stalling I compressed time, so I was getting closer and closer to myself that we would merge into 1. But could I do anything different? Like If I saw myself in 5 seconds raise my arm and look at my hand, I would inevitably do the same. Scary, the idea that I'm self-aware but my freewill is an illusion and I can't stop me from being me. All my actions are pre-destined and I'm just going with the flow of time.

In another dream I became aware that all the cells in my body had individual consciousness, and my thoughts were just their thoughts in unison. My mind turned in on itself and I could sense my cells all smiled back in silent "We know that you know that we are you. "
That was also terrifying.

Sometimes I go to bed with a song in my head, And I wake up with the song in my head.
I find that terrifying that my thoughts could be stuck in a loop like that.
Sometimes I'll be tossing and turning all night. And every time I turn to one side it's like the dream picks up from the same spot.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I successfully did a lucid dream:

I was in a empty field near a lake. I looked at both my hands. My right hand was okay, but left was deformed and looked strange. Immediately the entire planet shook as if something huge hit it. I was aware that I was dreaming. (Thanks youtube for the tutorial)

The first thing I did was transform the lake into solid titanium, and walked across it. Somehow I ended up locked in a unknown house. There was a door with 9 locks on it. I simply waved my hand, and the door exploded. I calmly walked out... I believe something was after me, but I never saw anything. It would've gotten its ass kicked, anyway. My 'Quantum-Z Blast' is signature finishing attack. Nothing survives, not even the planet.

Omnipotent in my dreams. I want that in real life. Nightmares normally get fucked up because I'm indestructible, and I wake up laughing. Silly demons and monsters. Go mess with someone else. (Sadly there's still something in my room moving things around.)

I haven't tried going lucid in a long time, but I used to be very good. I saw it as a way to get out of nightmares, because I only ever have nightmares in my sleep, so going lucid meant I could kill myself which would wake me up from the nightmare.

I had a really cool dream night before last about a lot of things, what I remember of it was it was set in a sort of thick forest of an autumnal sort at the converge between dusk and evening, no sun up but it was still light enough to see things clearly, and old steam locomotives are a very big part of it, and the station was a large part of it, and it was really strange and basically I think the whole dream was me trying to catch the right train in a world where time was completely disproportionate. My bro and my friend Curtis also made appearances throughout, as did Janley, it was-- awesome, undescribable and unfathomable but it felt endearing and charming.

There was a big snail inside the car, crawling across the window. Actually, it was more like a slug but it had a hump like a shell. I passed it back to my niece in the back seat because she's never seen one up close. The thing sprouted legs and trotted out of her hands.
That was weird.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

A had a lucid dream about George Lucas! It was awesome. We talked about Star Wars. He's a really cool guy. He said he just got fed up with the fans. "They need to understand Star Wars was about family issues and not just spaceships and lasers."

Mr. Lucas stated that one of daughters was an MMA fighter. I dunno if that's true or not. However the dream ended in a funny way. He feel asleep on my bathroom floor. I have no clue why... Cool relaxed guy. I wanna meet him in real life now.

I really enjoyed this movie called 'Red Tails' too. Gonna watch it again today, I have the Blu-ray.

I had a dream where I saw my grade school math teacher escalate from irritated, to angry, to screaming rage. I was about to shout "Hey! Cool it!" but I woke up with my heart pounding.
It's 3:30am and I'm still trying to shake off the residual stress.

Spoo

Sponsor

Dreamed I had a bad fight with my grandpa. Don't remember the specifics, only that he was willing to completely screw up my older brother's life in exchange for a couple hundred thousand bucks, IIRC. Probably wrong there. Regardless, I got super angry -- the kind of I'm-so-angry-I'm-whispering deal -- and told him to go die. Felt awful immediately afterwards. Dream grandpa looked heartbroken, my dad was there in the background, looking between angry and disappointed.

To be abundantly clear, I love my grandfather; he's one of the few in my adult family who doesn't act like seniority means he knows everything. He's 72, though, and isn't in good shape overall. Heart problems, trouble moving, etc. He's going to pass away eventually and I'm still not prepared for that.

Tindy

Sponsor

Worst nightmare I've had in a while:

Dream started out sunny, in a pool - I was trying to teach my nephew how to swim and he was not doing a very good job (and he's 9).

Scene shifts to night, my dad is driving and we're going to an ATM. I'd been planning a big bank heist and decided that I didn't need him, so I shot him with a gun shaped - and sized - like a tube of pink lipstick. I went to shoot some rando, too, but for some reason it didn't work on her.
I went into the bank to do the job and came running out at full tilt, only to find that my car had disappeared. I panicked as the police closed in on me. Upon my capture the mother of the rando demanded to know why I had tried to shoot her daughter, and I said something like I needed to get her out of the way, but I couldn't shoot because she was so strong, or something like that.

Then I realized I had shot my dad and asked where he was - and the police said I had killed him. And I realized he was dead and that he was never coming back.

I woke up crying :(

never eat KFC before bed u gaiz ._.

I'll share a dream I had many, many years ago...

I'm in a field, it is filled with the same shadow-blurry woman (who has no face), all evenly spaced apart. I look around, I'm calm, I go up to one and put my penis in her. And pee; shortly after she explodes. The end.

All I can imagine
10.jpg

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Yet again I dreamed the T-1000 was trying to kill me. I always escape, and wake up with full of adrenaline.

This is like the ninth dream. I keep a dream log too. Here's 3:

1)
In a previous dream I was running from the T-1000, and a taxi driver stopped for me. "Get in, I'll save you." It was too obvious, so I ran away. The taxi driver got out and chased me. I jumped a gate. The taxi dude walked through the gate as if it wasn't there... He was a T-1000. I woke up scared.

2)
In a recent dream Me and some kids were setting remote mines to stop the T-1000. The mines didn't work, we just pissed him off, and he only ran after me. I got away by waking up :tongue:

3) in a dream long ago, the T-1000 was chasing some dude. The guy escaped by running in the house. I was watching it up close until the T-1000 looked at me and said "I guess I'll settle for killing you." He grabbed me and I woke up panicked.

I only dreamed about the T-X once. Ironically spraying perfume in her face confuses her. At least in my dream. I always escape some way. Still scary to lucid dream about Terminators.

Etc...

To be honest I may piss myself If I ever saw Robert Patrick in person... Dude stop trying to terminate me! A movie villiain from 1992 is still giving me nightmares. Funny how I never dream about the scary guy in the painting from Ghostbusters 2. He's way more frightening. Vigo I think his name was.

I dreamed I was helping my old neighbors attach a mower to their tractor. But they were missing parts, so we had to look at my dad's tractor and then later drove to a hardware store to figure out what parts and sizes they needs.

There were parts of this dream, usually while we were waiting or moving from one place to another, that I just be observant and realize I was dreaming. Like wait- it was night and we got in a car, now we're in truck and it's daytime.

But the weirdest part was, everyone kept calling the mower shaft "The arms of Apophis" or sometimes the "Hands of"
And I thought to myself on the way to the checkout, that wouldn't it be funny if that's all the ancient Egyptian gods were. Machines. And their dominion was just whatever the were used for.
Serpent-Apophis.jpg
mechanism-gears-chain-23236399.jpg

What if The Eye of Ra was actually a gear. And all this symbolism of sun rays and choppy waters was just an interpretation of how the cogs fit together.

Edit: It's just freaky coincidence that these dream elements were popping up today. I watch The Librarians with my mom, and the main villain was Apep a.k.a Apophis. And there was this weird thing with Gears under a museum.

Then later, my dad comes home with a new (used) tractor that he won from an auction. Which I knew about, and probably why I dreamed about tractors in the first place. But we unloaded it next to my neighbors driveway. And it was night, like my dream. So I was feeling extra paranoid, like was my dream trying to tell me something? What's going to go wrong? It didn't have a steering wheel for one.
So I'm asking my dad if the PTO works ok and if the mower shaft we have is the right size and everything. As far as he knows it's going to work fine.

The other night I dreamed I had abs. Not super defined washboard abs. But my stomach was flatter than it's been in a while. And I was like "Oh cool, there was more muscle under there than I thought. Is this because I've been drinking diet coke?" lol.

I play tons of minecraft and I ended up having a super weird dream I was graduating from some type of police academy and needed to elytera fly to the ceremony that tim the toolman taylor was hosting. That's about all that happened, But that was one extremely weird dream.

Someone in a dream explained to me how reality can be bent in a way that brings people together to live some fantasy adventure, and even if you bend reality back it will have left an impression in the fabric of the universe. So despite having no memories of each other, that impression will altered circumstances in a way that brings those people together again when their lives wouldn't normally have crossed.

So like, hbgames only exists because at some point we were at the crux of an alternate configuration of reality. Is that what they call predestined?

Ok, I just wanted to write that down. I'm going back to sleep.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.