Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dogecoin

http://dogecoin.com/

many coin
such dig
very profit.

i2kk8Zw20fckF.gif

http://www.dogepay.com/

That site measures the price and spread of Dogecoins.

http://www.dogetools.com/calc/

This site is a coin calculator.

http://dogechain.info/chain/Dogecoin

This is some pretty cool info!

qRFOovj.png

such home
g92f.png

so sending wow
ayyQ795.png

giv me coin plz
FUWj6fJ.png

many past
09FAfXK.png

let me find u
da6r1qY.png

dig 4 bone? no. dig 4 coin
Oh you silly.
Already Dogecoins has amassed a small following and that is only set to rise. Businesses are already accepting them and people are already offering services for dogecoins.
Now I won't be posting links to other forums but I will say that a short look on the doge forum and I've already found things like:
3D modelers
Logo designers
Writers
It has potential to become a very productive things. So get in it bro!
Here is a list of businesses that accept dogecoin:

update regular.
chek oftn plz

BREAKING: Businesses accept dogecoin.
Here is a list of businesses that accept dogecoin:
Also. I have hope that Humble Bundle will start accepting Dogecoins:
z5M06Ka.jpg

Edit: Added 2 new things to the list. Going to add the list to the first page.

Princess Amy":3u7kfrob said:
I don't understand mining.

How can.. how can dogecoins just... appear o.O
You invest computer power and time into mining them, after a month you might get a doge-penny, this is to give the currency a value based on rarity, then people sell them for their own real-world currency at a value they believe is fair (And the buyer believes is fair) and the buyer can collect the currency and spend it in accepting locations or whatever.

A good comparison for it would be the Steam item market place, log into Steam and put a TF2/CSGO item on the market, you will be shown a chart of how much people would pay their real-world (Actually Steam) money for these game items, the more common the item, the lower the exchange rate, so you'll see a chart where the price falls and falls until it settles around a fair value (Usually a couple of pence, which is how much I would actually value common virtual items).

The Steam mining system is basically how much gaming hours you put in to get the trading items, not too different to bitcoin/dogecoin mining where it's how much computer power and time you put in.

Steam shows where the system is weak though as Valve directly manipulate the exchange rate by remove items and adding "Special" versions of items, at any moment they can devalue an item or make an item worth a bang, who's to say that the creator of dogecoin won't just wait until a doge-penny is worth £50 and then give themselves 50 doge-pennies and sell them at once to gain real-currency?

The whole thing is based around faith, whereas real currency is based on buying and selling gold, so the mint prints out money and goes to a bank and says "Can we buy your gold?" and they give them the money they just printed for some gold, that money they give them is the PREVIOUS value of that gold, now that the money is in circulation, that gold has dropped in value the moment the buying occurred, I believe the mint sells the gold to banks in other countries at their accepted exchange rates, the whole thing is super complicated and I'm not qualified to explain it, but you can see how the value of money is set against a physical common metal, whereas dogecoin is set at the value of how funny the doge meme is against how long it will last and the effort it takes for a computer to mine a doge penny.

Xilef":1f4v2l77 said:
The whole thing is based around faith, whereas real currency is based on buying and selling gold, so the mint prints out money and goes to a bank and says "Can we buy your gold?" and they give them the money they just printed for some gold, that money they give them is the PREVIOUS value of that gold, now that the money is in circulation, that gold has dropped in value the moment the buying occurred, I believe the mint sells the gold to banks in other countries at their accepted exchange rates, the whole thing is super complicated and I'm not qualified to explain it, but you can see how the value of money is set against a physical common metal, whereas dogecoin is set at the value of how funny the doge meme is against how long it will last and the effort it takes for a computer to mine a doge penny.

I dunno about the rest of the world, but the value of a US Dollar hasn't been tied to any physical material since midway through the last century. Tho, if you see a US Silver Certificate (i.e. dollars that WERE tied to metals), they're actually worth a hell of a lot more than the value printed on them.

It's surprising to be honest. When I first heard about it I thought it was just a jokey thing that'd die out in a few days. I've been using it for three days and we're in some serious talks about how to get it taken more seriously.
We've got a few good projects going and other things like:

• *Dogecoin Treats. (You get free dogecoins with every order)
    *Doge marketplace
    *Silkdoge (although this isn't used to organize drug exchanges so essentially it's the same as a marketplace xD)
    *3D modeler who is working on just random models for dogecoins.
    *Artists doing pictures for dogecoins
    *People trading steam keys for Dogecoins
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
The thing is. Despite the fact that it's based off a meme, because it's doge, it has more potential because of doges persona. I feel if it were done with any other meme it would flop.
The more and more I look at this the more and more I see that it has a lot of potential. People talk about amplifying doges personality to get more attention for dogecoins, or trying to move dogecoins away from doge, but if we just keep them as they are now, dogecoin could succeed in being a proper cryptocurrency.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.