Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

:biggrin: Got some nice information on the next series and Sarah Jane Adventures which has got a lot of fans up in arms at RTD.

Starting with SJA
Another old assistant is coming back (the one before Sarah Jane) but that's not what's been getting fans up in arms it's something the Doctor says about himself, some people think what he says should have been addressed within the next series if he was being serious. He was asked (Presumably by one of the kids) how many lives he has. Now we all know the answer to that but not what RTD had Matt reply with.
"I'm immortal"

Next series first episodes location
For the first time EVER it's being filmed on location in America (Yes the movie was set in SF but was filmed in Canada)
Who's in it...
River Song, yep it's a two parter opening to the next series with a two parter, I guess finding out soon was sooner than expected.

Has anyone else read the books? They seem to tie in quite well with the series and I don't know if what I've been reading will lead onto the next series.

Great thing about Doctor who is that even though it's into it's 32nd series you can start from pretty much anywhere and know and start to understand what it's about and what's going on.

Holder":gpiqdxjw said:
:biggrin: Got some nice information on the next series and Sarah Jane Adventures which has got a lot of fans up in arms at RTD.

Yeah. Jo Grant. I'm hoping RTD gives her a bit more characterization without derailing her completely. It will be nice to have a lot more old references - I like the fact that they had the Brigadier on a few years ago.

And, now that I know this, I am up in arms.

I hoping he was only speaking metaphorically - like the fact that the Ninth Doctor was 900 years old - the Seventh Doctor was 957 in Battlefield! The Eighth Doctor is over a thousand in one story. I like Moffat's idea that he just doesn't know how old he is anymore - and has settled on 900 in the same way someone might settle on 29... so they don't have to face the fact they're older than 30.

Who's in it...

Have you heard that it's going to split into two blocks? Apparently because the first block is going to end with
River Song's death. Because obviously we've already seen that, and time can be rewritten so, major twist!

Has anyone else read the books? They seem to tie in quite well with the series and I don't know if what I've been reading will lead onto the next series.

I've only read the New Adventure Series - not the New Series Adventures. ;P

lol Tom baker actually ran through that room when he was getting chased by a Sontaran, and I think Lela had a bit of a swim in it once. Think is though they used an old abandoned factory, it didn't look like the walls of the tardis it had pipes and stuff all over, hence why people think that the concept art there is of the corridors, others argue that it's from the series 5 episode with the Silurians.

The game was an apparent let down with having only one other room, and all the other corridors ending back into the console room.

Oh that's great news. Heck, I got excited when Tennant went into "the attic" XD

One of the reasons I've always wanted to make a Doctor Who fangame has *always* been to make a cool Tardis set. I too was pissed off by the Tardis game.

I'd like to see the Cloister Room, and the boot cupboard. We know the cloister room still exists inside the Tardis because the cloister bell kept going off in Seasons 4/5.

Wasn't it either The Keeper of Traken or Logopolis where you seen the Cloister Room? All covered in vines n' stuff or was that when Tegan got lost inside?

I'd like to see each assistants rooms, mind you though they'd only have to construct a T shape corridor and put up a fake wall now and then, with shooting from different ends it could work.

That was fun seeing a Police Box inside of a Tardis, just remembered about that bit :P
a3c7bec47ee82b031bff57240b59ee60.png

Americans can now understand Doctor Who:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P4SxtphJ4

Yeah the had to cut this after they found out that they weren't allowed to use the theme music.

And speaking of the Christmas Special, someone had to post this sooner or later!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_KJG5w91cE

"A Christmas Carol" meets "It's a Wonderful Life" [IN SPACE!] anyone?

Am loving The Doctor's new tweed jacket, his tumbling out of the fireplace, that frankly magnificent shot of him peering through the window with the TARDIS in the background.

Also, if Matt Smith can seriously control a scene opposite Michael Gambon, then I think everyone may have seriously understated his abilities as an actor. :D

And, as a side note; Playing the Aborted Video-Gaming Fetuses that are "Evacuation Earth" and "Return to Earth" as well as the rather mediocre BBC download games has rekindled my interest in making a Doctor Who fangame. I'm pretty sure others here must have had that urge - and if you have do feel free to drop a line or just reply to this topic. I mean, I have plenty of ideas in how to go about this but my Rather-Crappy-Dalek-Sprites are a clear testament to the fact that I can't do this alone. XD

Let's see what sort of talent we can scare up, and collectively decide how to go from there. ;)

The episode was completely eclipsed by that "Coming Soon" trailer.

So we have:

• Nazis
    Something "feather-in-ye-olde-cappe"ish - does anyone get the period garb? I heard there would a Battle of Hastings episode next series, could this be it?
    The Ood - with *green* eyes
    The return (?) of the Tardis seen in "The Lodger"
    Stunning use of the American location,
    Twelve jammy dodgers and a fez. In the Oval Office

And ------
Doctor Who, finally, canonically, and after fifty years, does the Roswell Incident?!

And with Grays that would make Mulder and Scully piss themselves and hide in their wardrobes.

(Assuming absence of face-eating wardrobe spiders, ofc)

:squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!: :cute:

I have been a Doctor Who fan since Tom Baker(that should tell you how old i am)
I'm actually happy with Matt Smith, he kinda holds the torch pretty well in my opinion.
I no longer have cable though sadly, so i am missing a LOT.
Everyone has a problem with the new guy each time they change actors, but i don't, i always seem to warm up pretty quickly with the new guy each time, i instantly liked Matt though.. he started off .... very energetic, very um.. off the wall, a bit silly.. but also... very um... wow.. very assertive.. like in the first episode near the end, when the aliens are scanning and it shows him in all his past um.. generations.. and he steps forward and goes "hello, i'm the Doctor" and they just... take right the hell off not even wanting to try and give him a problem.

And twice the Doctor used a gun.. but not on a person.. twice he just used it as a tool to help .. change a situation.. he still never uses them on people, he just uses it when he needs to damage some machinery or something.

I love the series so far with Matt... i'm kinda iffy on the intro theme change is all though.
David was awesome.. i won't disagree.. but.. i think when ever someone hates the new guy, it's just cause they were so used to the other guy it's hard for them to move on.

Strangely I wasn't that imPressed by the new ePisode, it wasn't very well thought out. It was good, and Watchaboe but it wasn't their beat.

Watchaboe?

And i read something a few posts up that made me go..WTF
Since when is Canada, America?
Last i checked, Canada was it's own country... *looks totally confused*

And what was the last episode about?
I can't watch it sadly.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.