Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
D is for Dungeon

D is for Dungeon. A dungeon "crawler". Game is complete.

cmq3q7pejv161gkfg.jpg

Download Links:

With RTP: Get it while it's hot. 42.77 MB

Without RTP: For those who like to save computer memory. 8.88 MB

In a world of monsters and kings there is a legend of a great evil that appears every 500 years to ravage the countryside. It is at this time that a hero appears bearing the mark of light to quell the darkness and return peace to the lands. It is an ancient tale that has been repeated time and time again without change. Until one day the evil returns...20 years earlier than normal. The search for the hero begins and the people scour the lands until they find their champion with the mark of light...in a crib. Can the hero of light stand a chance against the forces of darkness in this state? That all depends on you.
i0l6hsbusgf6ulvfg.jpg

This is you. The Hero of Light. You must use your wits, skills and fast crawling to conquer the dungeons and defeat The Darkness.
D is for Dungeon is your classic dungeon crawler with a few twists. Enemies await you around every corner.
Preparation is key as one wrong move or point in the wrong stat may lead to certain doom. That is until you respawn and respec your characters.
Failure is only what you make of it in this world so experiment as much as you want. Find the layout that works best for you.

Screenshots:
cgivgqquhk3elz3fg.jpg

Wolves. An RPG staple.

o9m0bxlfx7lcxonfg.jpg

Mmmmm. Stats.

p0ff6l969o6cw92fg.jpg

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

27zb9clk764bntnfg.jpg

Just a baby soul shopping.

la1loct0cugdaacfg.jpg

Hacking into the matrix.

v7u2hxy6uxr8es5fg.jpg

Lens-flare hoooooo!

sdih6sv49zxt1o7fg.jpg

Spoilers. This is the final area.

Features:

-Active Time Battle System with up to 4 party members. Use your wits to act before the monsters do.

-3 different difficulties. Choose "Casual", "Hardcore" or "Grinder" to fit your play-style.

-Make the characters all your own by customizing all the parameters each level and choosing up to 66 skills to equip.

-Choose your allies wisely from among 12 unique classes from "Armsmaster" to "Pyrolancer" to "Sentinel".

-Traverse 25 floors in 4 unique locales crawling with treasures, monsters and puzzles.

-No random encounters. Monsters roam the floors and chase the player when they spot them.

Credits:

Art assets and music assets are nearly all from older RPG Maker engines save for a couple songs from Material Midi. (Free to use) I made a few sprite edits here and there though.

Scripts included are:
Tankentai Sideview Battle System: Written by Enu. Localized by Kylock, Mr. Bubble and Shu.
Active Time Battle Configurations [1.2c] for Tankentai SBS: Written by Enu. Localized by Mr. Bubble.
Tankentai SBS Add-Ons:
AlphaWhelp's Haste and Slow: Written by AlphaWhelp
Notetags for Tankentai v1.2: Written by Enu. Translated by Mr. Bubble.
Old Vers. Compatibility
More Action Sequence Commands v1.0: By Mr. Bubble
Bow Attack Action Sequence v2.0: By Mr. Bubble
Default Scope Options Add-On: Written by Kylock. Overhauled by Mr. Bubble
Critical Effects Add-On v1.1: By Mr. Bubble
Premade Action Sequences Add-On: By Mr. Bubble, AlphaWhelp and Kylock

Yanfly Engine RD: Written by Yanfly.
Common Event Menu
Common Event Shop
Custom Element Affinity
Custom Item Abilities
Event Chase Player
Animation Overlay Patch for RPG Tankentai SBS: Written by Yanfly. Patch set up by Mr. Bubble.

KGC Scripts Library: Written by TOMY. Translated by Mr. Anonymous.
KGC_BattleDifficulty
KGC_CategorizeItem:
KGC_CursorAnimation
KGC_DistributeParameter
KGC_ForceStopVictoryME
KGC_SkillCPSystem

Advanced Text System Version 3.0c: Written by modern algebra.
Parallax Map Version 1.1comp: Written by OriginalWij.
Save File Confirmation: Written by Woratana.
Smaller Battle Algorithims: Written by Ashley.
Style Menu Advanced: Written by Mesiah AKA MakoInfused.

This is my first completed RPG Maker game and submission for the Humble Bundle Indie Contest.
It should take you a good afternoon to finish on the harder difficulties.
Have fun! I know I had a lot of fun making it.

Good luck with the contest, will try and play this later. Sorry I didn't have time to play it before the ezine, but I gave it a mention.

Princess Amy":2g4mebhe said:
Good luck with the contest, will try and play this later. Sorry I didn't have time to play it before the ezine, but I gave it a mention.

I really appreciate that! Hope you enjoy it if you get the chance. There's so many games out right now it's crazy.

95enthusiast":2g4mebhe said:
For a first game it's very nicely done.

I really like the way it came out! Appreciate the kind words.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.