Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Captain

What do you think? And please, if you hate it, try to tell why. I want to improve.
captain1.png

I used LegACy's hair.

VERY nice if i do say so myself... but his backview ponytail looks abit short... you might wanna take a whack at that... its abit pillowshaded but i see nothing wrong with that... its a very nicely done sprite... did you make that hair yerself?

kaitlyn_el_wonderful said:
I used LegACy's hair.
So, no, Crazymew, I did not make the hair. I recolored it and added a ponytail. Thanks for the compliment! I could make the hair a bit longer, I'll do that now.
EDIT:http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/kaitlyn_el_wonderful/captain1-3.png[/IMG]
Better?

Tana

I'd want a bit more contrast in the hair, brighter highlight and darker shadow.

the base color blue for his coat is very good, not too saturated. Try shading the waist in the backview, those kind of coats are usually tailored to fit snuggly at the waist and then flare out at the hips.

Maybe a bit more contrast on the hook as well, just to show that its metal and not ceramic.

yes, the ponytail looks alot better... cuz its just weird if its not the same length all the way round... yer doing a splendid job... keep it up

ah! so he's a pirate! (right?)

edit: i see! i looked closer and it is indeed a hook! how did you make it like that? wouldnt it be hard to make it curve like that? considering that is pixels im talking about i'm quite perplexed...

ah! very nice! so you pretty much do what i do when i'm spriting! hehe, i create and maybe add bits and peices of other sprites to make something truly unique!

Danny

Sponsor

Your improving it quickly, the hair could still use some contrast int the way Tana explaned, likely except on the back view.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.