Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

C&C - 3/4 View Poses for RMXP RTP Sprites

Ugh. SO fed up with this, I wanted to create a couple of alternate RTP poses to liven up the NPCs in my game. The thinking pose came so easily, but the mother fucking arm arm on the hand raise one is driving me to murder.

It just looks fat and awkward.

Ignore the both arms up, I was just goofing around there.

QuarterViewPoses.png

I think the main reason the second sprite looks off is because the shoulder is in front of the face. I believe the face being in front would make it look more like an arm raise and less like a shrug. I wish I could test this out, but alas I have no art programs to work with at the moment.

I like the idea of using different sprite poses. I think it would certainly add something to your game. ^_^ And they came out quite well, in my opinion.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.