Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Attention Important Copyright issue that pertains to RRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it sounds like a lot of nice spin, but it doesn't really matter if it's boilerplate or not, it says what it says until they alter it.

And of course it's highly doubtful that iEntry would EVER steal your crap, but the fact that their administration is prizing their host over the better interests of their members, is kind of messed up.

But it's good to be informed, whether you care about rrr's policies or not :)

Well in this case the host is also the owner of the domain i.e. the principal owner of the site. But the admins don't seem to think its their job to look out for their users. They see themselves as glorified custodians I guess.

Zeriab

Sponsor

It is highly doubtful that iEntry would steal your crap since that is illegal. Using the rights you have granted them is different from stealing.

There is one thing I really want to know. How have you derived that iEntry will own your work if post it there ?_?

Member count means absolutely nothing. I really hate statistical battles but if that's the route you're going down we have more posts, more pageviews per month, more annual pageviews, a higher ratio of rpgmaker:eek:fftopic posts. And we don't lie about our online count by making it 2-hours long.

So far every post you have made in the past month or so has been "lol rmxp suck go here instead". It's pointless. RMXP.org and RRR are two completely seperate sites with different members and different policies. Nobody here cares about them and I'd have thought it would be vice versa. It doesn't affect is in the slightest if people choose RRR over RMXP.org, and this thread is nothing to do with any "forumwars" that people seem to want to build up.

moog

Sponsor

Not to go too far off topic but I agree with Wyatt 100%. Dude if you have nothing to contribute more than putting the site down and hyping your shit please take it elsewhere. Im not a mod so I cant speak on behalf of this site, but damn man, shit's getting old. We get it, you dont like the site. Get lost.

Stop trying to instigate trivial shit; it makes you look immature and petty.

Commodore Whynot":14di8gxu said:
Member count means absolutely nothing. I really hate statistical battles but if that's the route you're going down we have more posts, more pageviews per month, more annual pageviews, a higher ratio of rpgmaker:eek:fftopic posts. And we don't lie about our online count by making it 2-hours long.

So far every post you have made in the past month or so has been "lol rmxp suck go here instead". It's pointless. RMXP.org and RRR are two completely seperate sites with different members and different policies. Nobody here cares about them and I'd have thought it would be vice versa. It doesn't affect is in the slightest if people choose RRR over RMXP.org, and this thread is nothing to do with any "forumwars" that people seem to want to build up.

As much as I find your professionalism and courageous stand on my behaviour awesome, you're reading into this entirely wrong. What I said was in response to what Killface said about iEntry seeing themselves as glorified custodians. If anything, he's the one doing your said "forumwars" comparing both forum staffs. Killface was talking about iEntry staff as a whole, and so am I counterclaiming their member count. iEntry as a whole has a hell of a lot more members with all their forums and sites combined, so they are infact, doing something right! There's also no real way of comparing pageviews, as you don't have access to their statistics, although I do agree on your point about the 120 minute online list.

As for my every post being against rmxp.org, I have a total of 16 posts (soon to be 17) and still none of them say that this site sucks, unless you're counting the posts on this site's uptime, which really is a legitimate subject. My sarcastic post about the multimillion dollar resources has nothing to do with this site in the slightest. I just find it a little funny when I see some little megaman guy shit his pants over resources that he posted which I can almost guarentee was never going to be used commercially on a forum that could use it for advertising.

narutofan231":14di8gxu said:
Not to go too far off topic but I agree with Wyatt 100%. Dude if you have nothing to contribute more than putting the site down and hyping your shit please take it elsewhere. Im not a mod so I cant speak on behalf of this site, but damn man, shit's getting old. We get it, you dont like the site. Get lost.

What the hell are you talking about.

Mistraval":2n2uvkms said:
Commodore Whynot":2n2uvkms said:

As much as I find your professionalism and courageous stand on my behaviour awesome, you're reading into this entirely wrong. What I said was in response to what Killface said about iEntry seeing themselves as glorified custodians. If anything, he's the one doing your said "forumwars" comparing both forum staffs. Killface was talking about iEntry staff as a whole, and so am I counterclaiming their member count.

Mistraval, that was not in reference to iEntry. That was in reference to the community staff whom as I understand it are not iEntry staff, but rather volunteers that chose to be the stewards of their community.

As far as the situation is concerned iEntry clarified themselves and off hand mentioned that they are open to changing the language in that legal agreement so that it is not so murky. The fact that the community admins had to have their arm twisted into it to get them to ask iEntry into clarifying the situation is where I have a problem, but not a big one. This announcement was made to inform folks that frequent both communities of the situation which the RRR community admins at the time were hoping to just sweep under the rug rather than clarify.

Now that that situation is clarified this announcement will stay for the next few days so that any stragglers who read the beginning can know its resolution. Its in the interest of fairness.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN":1v5q5dg7 said:
Ok RRR members seem to have so much fate and trust in Ientry.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... 5988&st=20

Check the newer pages for the past few days.

They are ignoring my words of wisdom.

Let them to be ignorant. It'll be awesome when iEntry starts selling t-shirts with user submitted artwork or puts everyone's projects on a special download site that requires a subscription fee, and users get $0 from it.

Oh and get your shit off that site if you haven't already.

Lyric

What I don't understand is why the members are blatantly being trolled by the moderators for raising valid questions.
Like they would want to steal megaman resources.

Right, little megaman guy?

Let em leave, we got enough of paranoiacs here.

That makes no sense. As a moderator and administrator, your job is to stand up for your userbase... not mock it. Oh well. I really do hope ientry changes their legal policies so that RRR doesn't suffer more than it already is.

Lol, if we banned/warned every person who badmouthed US, we wouldn't have any more members, including staff :3

People should be allowed to voice their opinions about this kind of crap. That's what a forum IS.

Anyway, it just seems like they're more interested in looking out for the host instead of their memberbase, so whatever, if people want to put up with that, let them.

Lyric

How do you know those who removed their stuff were warned? I haven't heard that from anyone else who removed their stuff, and there have been quite a few. Have to be fair with your accusations.

I don't think you were banned for removing your content. I think you were banned for daring to have an opinion that did not match that of the staff.

boon

Sponsor

PME":10zqngte said:
How do you know those who removed their stuff were warned? I haven't heard that from anyone else who removed their stuff, and there have been quite a few. Have to be fair with your accusations.

I don't think you were banned for removing your content. I think you were banned for daring to have an opinion that did not match that of the staff.

Same reason I was banned from the IRC channel, eh.

Lyric

I was technically banned for forum disruption, trolling, and flaming. I disrupted by speaking out against what was going on in the staff forum and by staff in the member forums, I trolled by speaking the truth about rydin's lack of integrity and work ethic, and I flamed by asking a moderator what he does as a hobby in his spare time. :D

mawk

Sponsor

I'm locking this. everything that needs to be said has been said, and now it's just turned into a bunck of kids circlejerking in rrr's direction. I'm not crazy about them either, but when a thread's suddenly good for nothing but unanimously bashing something else I think it's time to quit. one of the big beefs I have with rrr is what they do when you mention .org. honestly, I was under the assumption we wouldn't do the exact same thing.

if anyone has any actual points to bring up, pm me and I'll open the thread up again, but for the time being it looks like people are out of important things to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.