Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A simple edit of Inq's Exterior tileset

Well, I'm using Inq's amazing tilesets for my project, but I needed Straw Huts & etc.. since I could'nt find anything like that, I tried to make one by myself..

I really can't sprite, so I mixed/edited some things of the RMXP-RTP with Inq's tiles ..

I'd like some C&C.. Do I need to change any colours? Is the Straw-roof thing too dark?

I doubt it, but if you ever use it, Please credit Inquisitor for creating the tileset. :)
I don't deserve credit. :)

(Oh, and forgive me for my bad english. >.<)

Edit: I think the picture will work now...:

and here's an ugly example.. x_X :

example1.png

Kojo

That is really a good frankensprite!
I like the first one expecially, it goes so well with the tree! It's like a jungle! ...House...

Heyyy. I like it! I like it a lot! Infact, give me a PM and I'll have it put it up on RPG Palace for you!

I think the colour changes you've made are pretty solid. The only weak part is the wooden supports around the straw, which I feel could be tweaked a little so that all the shading is in the correct places. If you want to do some more styles, I suggest you use some green recolouring (and some general green shades) to make some sort of moss over parts of the rocky version. That way you've made a swamp hut as well!

@Shifter: Thank you! :)
@Kojo: Thanks! I'm glad it looks like a jungle.. house! That's what I was trying to do..
@MappleCutter: Thanks! I tried to do that what you said..
@TheInquisitor: Whoa! Thank you! :) I tried to do some green recouloring but, uhm.. I think I failed. xD Oh, and since my PM button doesn't seem to work..: if you want to put it up on RPG Palace, no problem! I'd actually be kinda happy.. :D

I also tried to change the wooden supports, but it didn't worked out, so I left as it is. (If anyone wants to change it, no problem :) )

@jbart321 and Clizzz: I'm sorry! x_x I think the picture will work now..

Oh, I edited the first post with the picture and an ugly example. :)

And thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Money":1r9zbaqd said:
Looks great!

But are those RTP trees?

Oh and the shadow on the tree on the left doesn't make sense.

Yes, they're RTP trees. And, Lol, I was so sleepy that I didn't noticed the shadow until you said so! x_X I'll change it asap! xD

This looks pretty damn nice! Good job balancing the colors to mesh well with the set.

I think perhaps the door could use a jamb, however, particularly on the huts with stone walls: Without a jamb, the stones'd just fall out of place and hit people on the head who walk through the threshold every time you open the door XD.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.