Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A good old-fashioned game of werewolf/mafia?

Anyone up for a game of Werewolf? If you don't know what it is, basically everyone playing is assigned a role in secret. Most people are Townspeople and about a third(?) are Werewolves. Every day the people vote for someone to kill based on their suspicions(this game only works if people actually talk), and then every night the werewolves discuss the day through PMs and the head Werewolf chooses 1 Townsperson to kill. Sometimes there are independants too but that's besides the point. The Townspeople win when all the wolves die; The wolves win when there are an equal number of townspeople and werewolves.

There are other roles, too, such as cops/detectives, who can find out one person's role every night, and angels, who can protect one person from the werewolves every night(although who they pick and who the wolves pick have to be the same for it to work). There are also whatever roles the head guy :)D) chooses to throw in, but those are the main ones.

If there's enough interest I'll post a nicer thread and make 1 or 2 more roles(and take suggestions). It's good fun so long as it's well-managed and there are a few wolves and a few townies at the very least talking. Anyone game?

Would love to get into it but I'm not sure it would work on the forums -- we used to have a mafia IRC bot though, it would be easy to set one up again :D

it sounds good
but i'm not sure i understand it 100%
I have a few questions.
How will roles be decided, like the head wolf?
Can a cop/detective also be a werewolf? (sry if it's a stupid question, but i think of werewolves as human in day wolf at night)
what's an independent?
If your a wolf do you know who every other werewolf is?
will you play a role in this?
and finally, you said that
cops/detectives, who can find out one person's role every night
how do we find out? do you tell us?

Well, I'll answer them again anyway;

The roles are picked by the person running the game, preferably randomly.

No, a cop can't be a werewolf, unless there is specifically a special cop-wolf in the game.

An independent is neither a wolf nor a townsperson. Their win conditions are usually things like having everybody but themself die(there's also one role that wins when it dies but that's stupid advanced stuff that is stupid)

Yes, you know every wolf and can talk through PMs at night(game night not real night).

The cop sends a PM to the person running the game at (game) night, then the person running the game sends back the role of the person asked about.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.