Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Zen's Easy Events

Zen's Easy Events / Event Adventures

I thought I'd make a little thread for the miscellaneous events I make that others may be interested in.
I have no idea how populated this thread will be, but I'll edit this post to add more as time goes by.

Pushable objects

PushableObjects.gif

Paste the following script into an event script call to make the player able to push the event around when triggered.
Code:
ev = $game_map.events[@event_id]

pl = $game_player

case pl.x - ev.x

when 1;ev.move_left

when -1; ev.move_right;end

case pl.y - ev.y

when 1;ev.move_up

when -1;ev.move_down;end

Sit in chairs

SitChair.gif

Duplicate the following event pages to create copy-pasteable events allowing you to sit on downward-facing chairs and seats. You are also prevented from moving while sitting.
SitChair0.jpg
SitChair1.jpg

Sated":prgzps7d said:
That animation for sitting into chairs looks so jerky, but I guess that's just down to the sprite.
It is very jerky, but there's not many other ways of demonstrating sitting without getting custom graphics for it. If you don't use a jump like that, the character appears to more walk over the chair than sit down.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.