Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ZENITH + CATEPILLAR

I have a problem (dont we all?). I'm currently using the Zenith Tactical Battle System. In addition I have the catepillar party system enabled. I need a way to get them to work together. The catepillar makes party members follow the leader in a row. Ok so this generates the said problem. Of course those two scripts will collide with eachother since you cant make party members run after the cursor in tactical mode.

I'm not a scripter, so I dont know how to resolve this bug. I'd really love to use both of these magnificient scripts. Here's the error message it poses and then crashes. This happens when a battle is starting (transferring player to a [T] area)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2990 ... agevp1.jpg[/IMG]

I'll provide some screenshots to elaborate. Here is the error script line.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8981/scriptsrp2.th.jpg[/IMG]

I hope this helps. There must be a way to disable the catepillar for the duration of battle or something like that. Please help me :(

Anonymous

You need to turn on variable 20 to switch off the train_actor script and then turn off switch 20 to turn it back on.

Anonymous

No problem. (I meant switches not variables, sorry)

Create a new event and bring up the three page menu, on page one click the control switches tab and click the arrow to open up the list of switches.

Choose number 20 and name it Train on/off (it doesn't need to be called this) and then click OK, it is ON by default. Then to turn Train_Actor (caterpillar) back on just make another event and choose switch 20 again but this time check the OFF dot.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6351/yahga8.jpg[/IMG]

Is this done right? I also tried it with the switch turned off. In both cases it crashed with the same error message as in my first post.

The problem could lie elsewhere. Maybe it does turn the script off, but only visually (as it suggests, read: 'TRANSPARENT'?). I think the real deal here is to switch the complete script off somehow, to make it stop spawning other party member character sprites to follow your leader, because in the battle system the center of the screen (normally where the protagonist is) is replaced with a cursor, and can be freely moved. It is turn based. This is only my theory though. Please shed some light in my misery if you know what's causing this :(

PS: Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I'm not a beginner though :) I just dont know jack s*** about scripting and it is truly eating my brain away!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.