Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

zelda twilight princess minda

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title:
minda talk to script
RMXP or RMVX:
for xp

ok so what im looking for here is like in twilight princess when you press a certain button a person in hiding pops up like from a persons shadow and asks what you want like if you need certain advice or if you need a certain action done or what not

Screen shots:
none
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
mogs animated title screen all of mogs menus (post them in spoiler/code tags)

this is my first post

I haven't played Zelda TP (yet) So I'm trying really hard to understand what you want...

When you press some key, there are 2 options, or what?
like:
-Advice
-do Action

please tell me more about the options, and I will try to script it for you.

In Twilight princess, there are a couple things that happen when yoiu call Midna. She comes out of your shadow, and gives the standard greeting shtick. Then, she asks if you need advice, want to turn into wolf form (after certain in-game events), or teleport to one of the portals created as you move through the game. The first option gives advice related to the current in-game situration, which is easily pulled off by reading switches. The second option swaps out Link's character with the wolf character, which has different attacks, attributes, and can't talk to people. (And scares them) That could be pulled off with switching a new member into the party, to replace the hero. The final one simply teleports Link to one of several locations on the world map where a specific event has occurred, once he has finished with the event itself. Depending on the context, Midna can also be called up to perform a specific action, most notably that of pulling an object into the Twlight Realm and putting it back somewhere else.

Please note that I am not entirely certain if that is what the author wants, only that that is what I remember Midna doing during my playthrough of the game.

I'm now workinf on it, but I really do think a COmmon Event would make it muich easier, since you need to show in-game messages, not windows.
have you already considered the CE possibility?

Fallen":nupbd0d0 said:
I'm now workinf on it, but I really do think a COmmon Event would make it muich easier, since you need to show in-game messages, not windows.
have you already considered the CE possibility?

You do know how to use the in-game message box from scripting, right? It's fairly simple, and makes things much easier.

I DO know how to use event commands via script, but I really do think this time it's easier by Common Events.
Mainly because it's a lot more customizable for someone who doesnt understand scripts. A Script on this case is totally unnecessary, because the options are only event commands.

Fallen":2tt0gbsl said:
I DO know how to use event commands via script, but I really do think this time it's easier by Common Events.
Mainly because it's a lot more customizable for someone who doesnt understand scripts. A Script on this case is totally unnecessary, because the options are only event commands.

Very true. Still, you might want to consider how this common event will be called, as most people would have trouble setting up the common event to start on key input, and it might be easier with a small input script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.