Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Zelda menu

I'm working on an "original Legend Of Zelda" type game, and I'm pretty new at scripting. I need some help on making a custom Pause Menu that shows the key items you've collected, the map of dungeon that you're currently in, the dungeon items you hold, and the items you have. I know it sounds confusing, but I would be eternally grateful to someone who can help me with this :please:.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/1up20x6/pausemenuA.jpg[/IMG]

This is a picture of something I'd like - the items appear as they are acquired. If the current amount of arrows and bombs held changing is impossible to make, that much is not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

this is actually worked out by a guy here on the forum, dunno if it's finished already, but if you want a n64 zelda menu you should go for that one, otherwise there is a zelda starter kit somewhere here, search trough the forum befor you post :)

Ok, I think you misunderstood me, so this time, I'll be more detailed -

Remember the original NES Legend Of Zelda? Remember how you selected what item to use like the boomerang or bombs? Remember how it shown your triforce pieces and heart? My game needs (Sorry for the use of need) something like that. Here is the image I want (Want - there we go) for the pause screen:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/1up20x6/pausemenuA-1.jpg[/IMG]

(Just so you know, it's slighty better than the last one.)

I need (Again, sorry for using need) it to show the map of the rooms you have visited when you are in a dungeon, along with the current amount of keys [To open locked doors], the dungeon map [Shows all rooms], Compass [Shows rooms with chests with a brown rectangle, items with a blue rectangle and the boss with a skull] and Blood Key [Opens the door to the Boss' room].

The glove, boots and monocle (Yes, it's a monocle) are key items. They are left blank when you don't have them.

The upper left corner shows your current sword/shield.

The upper right corner shows your Elementokens [Equivalent of Triforce shards] in color when you have them, background color when you don't.

The blue sphere is your Saffs [Rupees in my game].

The big rectangle has your current items, and their ammo. The spaces are left blank when you don't have them.

I am a horrible scriptor - I barely know how to script. If someone could help me program this CMS with the variables able to change, please describe in slow, easy steps.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.