Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Zelda Highlight Feature (I can't think of a better title lol)

If you've played Zelda it would help you figure out what I'm talking about.

You know in Zelda (The old super nintendo one) where when you'd go into a pitch black maze with a lantern equipped there'd be a small circle of light around you that would enable you to see what was around you?... If that made any sense.

Well anyways, could someone find/make a script like that for me?

I've tried making/finding one but never could.

Thank you :)

If you don't understand what I'm talking about post your question here and I'll try to explain better  ???

EDIT:  The reason I need this is because I made this maze *HUGE!* and tinted the screen a very dark blue for now, but I'd rather have a zelda thingy in it rather than it just being really dark.

Link in Pink":s1l9wjqk said:
This can be done with events I believe.

This game has the eventing that you are looking for. Look in the common events.

HOWEVER: Because you might be using this person's event system, YOU SHOULD GIVE CREDIT. It's nice of people to let users edit their games, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, here you go: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=18984.0

Again, credit the person. :)

Don't worry, I'm righting all the peoples name down that helped me get scripts/tilesets etc, since I suck at making both ;)

Gonna put all the names in the download and at the end of the game on the credits :D

Thank you very much!  ;D

Link in Pink":3ds9uhx3 said:

This looks nice, but I remember a similar thing being done in Memento Vivere.  Did Rye use an eventing system for it, or is there a lighting script around?

I'm looking for something like this too but personally, scripting > eventing.  :P

Dissonance":lesq0uza said:
Link in Pink":lesq0uza said:

This looks nice, but I remember a similar thing being done in Memento Vivere.  Did Rye use an eventing system for it, or is there a lighting script around?

I'm looking for something like this too but personally, scripting > eventing.  :P

Same here, eventing confuzzles me :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.