Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Skill Recharge Time? (request)

I ran a search on the forums but I was unable to find anything on this. I was wondering how easy it would be to make every skill have a variable counter that acts as a recharge time. For example, when you use skill A, you won't be able to use that skill again for another 15 seconds for that particular individual. There should really be some sort of bar/indicator of how much time is left before the skill is ready again too.

If someone thinks this would be pretty easy to do, please let me know and I will post or PM the battle script I'm using so they can help me make these modifications. (I'm using KGC's front view ATB system).

What I think would work best is if the timer could be based on how much SP the skill costs (so more expensive skills also take longer to recharge). But I'm no Ruby scripter so I'm really unsure how to do this, especially the bar indicator part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.